Author Topic: The dairy challenge  (Read 6249 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: The dairy challenge
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 19:48:05 pm »
emma just wanted to sya this is exactly whAt i hd withT. We got to youghrt, cheese etc but only at 18 could he drink milk, its the amount of lactose as much as anything, in a youghurt its much less and its pasturized, in whole milk a bottle full, its a lot

Offline hemz80

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Hema - Mummy to three gorgeous babies
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 20:28:21 pm »
Hi Emma.... My Avatar's definatly a cheesy family picture... i do think it's cute though  :o

Sorry Abbi got blotches, it definatly sounds like an allergy but did she get any diarrhoea, vomitting or stomach cramps with it??  It may well be okay but just got to take it slow for now.  Ethan get's those blotches too but then he vomits his milk.  Dr seem to think the blotching was okay-ish but take it slow. 

Just today my nephew gave Ethan a milky bar button today... he ate it but then had big blotches all over his face and kept rubbing his face and pulling his ears  :(  He's not ready yet, as he can't tolerate yogurt yet.

Hope Abbi's okay, and well if not... just try again in a few months!  Big hugs to you all!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 21:48:24 pm »
But lactose intolerance shouldn't cause blotches - that would cause stomach upset but shouldn't lead to a skin reaction. The blotches could mean that whole milk is just too much for her yet or it could be a skin reaction. My DD breaks out sometimes if egg or too many oils or vinegar touches her skin but she can eat them without other adverse reactions. So it's hard to say!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

em_here

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2008, 21:52:10 pm »
Well, the mystery is solved, she woke up with a puffy face, breathing funny, rushed her to the docs and looks like she is getting croup! How unlucky are we with her lol! The rash was viral, the puffiness was due to her having a temp. She didnt get the runs from the milk, so thats good, and she has had some mini cheddars today which she did like despite being cheese flavoured, shes a picky sausage eh!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 12:32:41 pm »
Sorry to hear about the croup! Hopefully she feels better soon and at least she can continue on with dairy!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 12:50:09 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that Abbi has croup. I wish her a speedy recovery. The good thing is it looks like the dairy is still ok.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline hemz80

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Hema - Mummy to three gorgeous babies
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 13:07:04 pm »
oh sweet Abbi... she's going to have the best immune system by next winter!  Hope she feels better soon, big hugs to you Emma... it'll be okay  :-*