Author Topic: Nose bleeds linked to poss allergy?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline *Vicki*

• Lazy Spice
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • mischief makers........
Nose bleeds linked to poss allergy?
« on: February 03, 2008, 22:29:57 pm »
I ve just posted on the health, medical and special needs board about my LO who has been suffereing nose bleeds since before xmas...it only seems to happen when she has had a cold so im not sure if the congestion is causing it but she was diagnosed just after xmas as being lactose intollerant and we've had her on SMA LF since then....

however yesterday she had a massive poo that was very dark green again and was explosive enough to come out of her nappy (sorry for tmi)  :( Although its not quite as bad as it was before the lf milk, it still seems so reminiscent of what happened before...also her sleep has started deterioratig again - she cant nap for more than half an hour in the afternoons in particular and shes gone off her solid food like she did before and is no longer taking a full bottle agian...shes also become irritable all over again..

is it possible for an LF milk to appear to be improving things and then suddenly things start going back to the way they were? can all these symptoms just be caused by a cold? sorry for the essay just wondering if anyone could shed some light  :'(  :-\

has anyone got a LO/ know of a LO who suffers nose bleeds as a reaction to a food/ milk?
Mummy to

Megan Marjorie Alice 12/07/03
and
Cerys Elizabeth Rose 29/05/07

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Nose bleeds linked to poss allergy?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 09:37:03 am »
How was your lo diagnosed with lactose intollerance? Is it possible that your dd is allergic or intollerant to the milk protein. It certainly seems that the SMA LF is still causing issues. The symptoms you describe are what lots of children go through that are allergic to the milk protein. It might be worth asking if you cantry a hypo allergenic formula where the protein is broken down and if that is no good then there are elemental formulas which don't contain milk protein at all or lactose for that matter. I have no experience with food allergies causing nose bleeds but other people may no more. I will see if I can find out anything on the internet.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline nwmm

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:52:55 am »
I used to have tons of nose bleeds as a child.  The only thing that really helped was if I put a thin coat of Vaseline in my nostrils before bed.  If I was faithful about it, then I never had a problem.  If I got lazy and stopped, them i would get nose bleeds,

never heard of the lactose connection.  interesting.  Wanna hear the kicker though?  I am lactose intolerant. 

I no longer get nose bleeds and rarely use Valene anymore.

em_here

Re: Nose bleeds linked to poss allergy?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 10:03:02 am »
Big hugs Vivki, I agree, maybe ask about Hypoallergenic milk, cant hurt to try eh  :-* :-* :-* More hugs, you have been through the mill with Cerys huh?