Author Topic: 3 month old gets cranky very quickly  (Read 1098 times)

Offline sheajs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 11, 2008, 21:50:28 pm »
I have a 3 month old that gets fussy after about 40-45 minutes of awake time including a 10 minute bf session.  My son was able to go almost 2 hours at this age.  She has been extremely hard to get down for naps (cries hysterically after being swaddled).  I'm new to this and haven't started investigating much.  How long is a typical "wake" time for this age?  Should I start trying to get her down after a mere 30-35 minutes?  Right now, I've been putting her down at the hour mark.  She is a very alert baby and has trouble tuning things out.  We have to cover her eyes to get her to sleep.  At night, she goes down wide awake at 6:30.  Any suggestions? 

Offline elle99

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 03:32:01 am »
Hi Sheajs,

I have an 8 week old that is fussy immediately after feeding as well.  There is a link under activity which tells you how long they should be able to stay awake.   I think at 3 months it's around 1.5 hours but check the link to be sure.  Is she showing signs of being tired?  I usually take my LO on a house tour upright, when I notice that the fussing stops and her eyes looked glazed over then I know it's time for sleep.  My LO should stay up just over an hour but she never makes it.  Some LO's are different than others.  Good luck!

Offline tullyma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 3 month old gets cranky very quickly
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:15:19 am »
Do you think it's definitely tiredness that's making her fussy, or could it be that she has wind/gas? I was getting it confused with my DS. If I burp him properly after a feed he seems much happier with longer awake time.