Author Topic: Sleeps Great at Night/How do we get our baby to nap  (Read 680 times)

Offline BForth

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Sleeps Great at Night/How do we get our baby to nap
« on: February 12, 2008, 02:11:09 am »
My daughter will be 8 weeks tomorrow.  She is a great night time sleeper.  We feed at 6:30 pm and then start bedtime around 7 or 7:30 and she is usually down no later then 8:00 pm.  She eats again around 9:30/10 and then will sleep anywhere from 4 to 6 hours.  We put her right back down and even if she isn't alseep already she has no problems putting herself to sleep and then will usually sleep at least another 3 hours.  Her wake up time is 6:30 am.  Our problem is Naps.  We have her on a 3 hour scheduale, we feed, then we let her play by herself or we play with her.  Then as soon as she starts to show signs of being tired we try to put her down.  Most of the time we have to help her fall asleep first, then if we are lucky we will put her down and she will sleep for about an hour maybe an hour and a half.  Then she has days were she pretty much refuses to nap.  I'm kind of at a loss.  Some say let her cry, but she will get hystarical and I can't let her lay in there like that.  Any advice would be great.

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Sleeps Great at Night/How do we get our baby to nap
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 02:18:23 am »
How long is she awake before naps? Is she swaddled? Does she have a dummy?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline BForth

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Sleeps Great at Night/How do we get our baby to nap
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:53:15 am »
Right now she will usually be awake a total of about 1 to 1 1/2 hours before she starts to get sleeping, but part of that is for feeding.  Total she is awake more b/c of the problem with napping sometimes though.  We swaddle her from the armpits down b/c she can't stand to have her arms swaddled.  Which at times is the reason she wakes up b/c her arms start flying and she wakes herself up, but if you swaddle her arms she just fight until she gets them out.  We do use the pacifier some at nap time but she isn't very good with it and a lot of the time you have to hold it in for her or when it falls out she gets mad.  So we try not to use it too much and if we do we pull it out before we leave the room.  It just hard b/c somedays she does great and others she doesn't.  I go back to work in 4 weeks and want to get this figured out before then.