Author Topic: I'm so fed up and uninspired!  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Vicku

• "There is no way to happiness -happiness IS the way"
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 171
Re: I'm so fed up and uninspired!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 09:07:12 am »
Hi Trisha,

Yeah, of course... eggs! I should give her that more. I've tried scrambled and boiled and she won't eat it, but I have mashed boiled egg yolk with banana in the past and she's taken that. Maybe I should do that more as eggs are really nutritious. Will try to think of other things she likes that I could mash it into too.

The veggies she'll eat are: broccoli, cauliflower, baby cattots (has to be baby ones or she won't touch them  ::)), cucumber, but she eats quite a lot of these, and lots of fruit.

I'm a little unsure about peanutbutter for her as we have a family history of allergies. Noone is actually allergic to peanut, but they advice against giving them it in any case. At least in the UK where we used to live when she was born. Otherwise I bet that would be good. Apart from banana and porridge, what have you mashed egg yolks into?
"Very Proud Mummy Blessed with 3 Spirited Girls"
[url=http://daisypath.com][img]

I Breastfed DD1 9.5 months and DD2 21.5 months
"Babies don't sleep, they are only on charge"

Offline trisharushbrook

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Orla 2lbs 9oz, Emily 3lbs 6oz, born 8th Dec 2006
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 09:31:58 am »
EVERYTHING..... I gave them a lot of jarred babyfood for a while because I just couldnt' get my head around making my own (it's bad enough that I have to subject my poor DH to my cooking - couldn't do it to the girls...got over it eventually)  and I used to mash one into the babyfood.  Do you think she would take mashed avocado???  Really good for them.   You can mash that with banana and mash the yolk into it and the overall taste would still be banana.  Texture would be different though so you need to be careful as you don't want her to suddenly not like banana either.
I think earlier you said you might try the cauliflower and cheese sauce?  You could easily chop/mash a boiled yolk small enough that it wouldnt' be noticed in the cheese sauce.
My Doc told me that they should be getting at least 3 eggs a week and if they won't take the white then at a min they need to get the yolk. 
If there is any food at all that you mash, you can quite literaly just mash a boiled egg yolk into it and you wouldn't even know.
know what you mean about the peanut butter - they say that after 1 year its ok to try it but if there is history there I'd prob steer clear for now and try some other alternatives first.
The only other thing I can think of is something like French toast or omelette - it would be new and she might not like it but just another way of getting the egg into her.
Trisha.

Offline Vicku

• "There is no way to happiness -happiness IS the way"
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 16:55:12 pm »
Really stupid question... how do you make french toast? I've never made it myself and it's not very common here, but she might like that as she likes toast. Otherwise I bet DH would be pleased cos he likes it!
I've tried avocado and she won't eat it, texture prob...
She'll only eat cauliflower on it's own, if I put cheese sauce with it she won't even touch it. I'll try with some fruit pure. sometimes give her baby fruit jars if I go out, or make my own, so maybe she'll eat it in there.
3 eggs/week sounds sensible, will try and aim for that, as now she doesn't even have one.
As for protein, she loves fish fingers/fish sticks and can eat 3 at once! But apart from the odd hotdog and slice of ham (which she'll sometimes eat, sometimes not) that's the only protein she'll eat, but with a few eggs too she should probably get enough don't you think? She had fish fingers about every other day...  ::)
I'll hold off on the peanutbutter for now then.
Thanks!!!  :-*
"Very Proud Mummy Blessed with 3 Spirited Girls"
[url=http://daisypath.com][img]

I Breastfed DD1 9.5 months and DD2 21.5 months
"Babies don't sleep, they are only on charge"

Offline trisharushbrook

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Orla 2lbs 9oz, Emily 3lbs 6oz, born 8th Dec 2006
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 08:26:46 am »
French Toast - Whisk up some eggs, get thick slice of bread and dip into the egg and then lightly fry on the pan.....Really yummy.  of course you have to go easy on the fying to get the benefit.  You can cut them into fingers or any shape you want to make them a bit more appealing and you can add almost anything (shake some cinnamon over them, drizzle with honey/maple syrup, serve with bacon)....   
If she likes toast, would she like a toasted ham and cheese sandwich - again you could cut it into an interesting shape.  You did mention that she didn't like things mixed together so maybe not....??
I'm trying to rem what my doc said about protein - I think it was 3 servings a day and a serving is about 2-3 tablespoons.  You should prob check with your Doc to make sure - the only comment I'd have on what she is eating is that it's almost all processed meat but hey any protein is better than no protein.