Author Topic: Could this be a reaction causing reflux?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Could this be a reaction causing reflux?
« on: February 27, 2008, 18:22:20 pm »
My LO has an egg allergy which we are slowly finding our way around, he reacts to whole egg on its own (scrambled etc) but hadn't had reactions to egg as an ingredient that we were aware of so far except for mayo. He also has reflux and has had a bad flare up recently but seems to be settling again.

Last Tuesday he vomited his bed time bottle up, he hasn't had any vomit episodes for ages so we were a little surprised. Yesterday (also Tuesday) same thing again, out of the blue he vomited his bed bottle up less than 5 mins after having it. He had a sausage dish for lunch in nursery, there was egg in the sausage so they asked if he could have it. He has had it before, no obvious reaction so I okayed it. When I realised he had vomited 2 Tuesdays on the trot I checked the food menu and last Tuesday was a different sausage dish (same brand sausages). This is the only obvious connection between the two days, he is not ill as he is totally fine after the vomits and asks for more milk so definitley "just" a big reflux. Is it possible that the egg in the sausage is causing the reflux about 6 hours after he has eaten it or am I just clutching at straws? There will be no more sausage in nursery just in case! I'll post on the reflux board too!

Thanks!
Laura

Offline donna_issabella

• Showing Appreciation 941
Re: Could this be a reaction causing reflux?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 18:26:31 pm »
I would think it is very possible, Laura. If reflux can be caused by milk intolerance or allergy, then why not a different type of protein.

Question though, did he have his MMR? And how did he respond to that? Or did they give him the jab not cultured with aid of egg?

xx
DI

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 18:35:38 pm »
Not had the MMR yet! He is going to have it in our children's assessment unit, I tried to get it for the Easter school hols to avoid any more time off work but they have no Drs so are closed from March 2nd til April 15th!!! He will have to have it in the summer holidays now!

Laura

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 06:28:52 am »
I would think it is possible for it to be the egg in the sausages.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker