Author Topic: 2 Year Old suddenly gone fussy at dinner time. HELP!!!  (Read 1140 times)

Offline sharanb

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
2 Year Old suddenly gone fussy at dinner time. HELP!!!
« on: March 01, 2008, 20:08:40 pm »
My son Lewis has just turned two and for the past few weeks I am struggling to get him to eat his dinner. He doesn't even try it and automatically picks up his plate and hands it back to me and says "Finished". Even when I give him his favourite dinner pasta in a cheese sauce. He then asks to have ice cream. Which he has really gotten into lately (even asks for it for breakfast, but never gets it!!!) If i put the plate back down on his table and ask him to eat some more. He gets in a state and starts to cry.  I don't give him anything for the rest of the day as I want him to know that if he doesn't eat his dinner then he doesn't get dessert.  Am I doing the wrong thing???  I feel really bad putting him to bed knowing that he hasn't eaten for hours. Can anyone help or suggest anything please??????   ??? ??? ??? ???
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Seren - the glamour girl!
    • Shanaz John - Childminder
Re: 2 Year Old suddenly gone fussy at dinner time. HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 13:22:03 pm »
Hi Sharanb

Just to let you know that we are going through exactly the same thing with our DD too.  There have been quite a few evenings where she point-blank refuses to eat anything.  I've just come on this board to post about our situation so I will keep an eye on yours too!

Shanaz x
Mummy:  Shanaz
Daddy:  Phil
Squirrel:  Seren

Offline sharanb

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 2 Year Old suddenly gone fussy at dinner time. HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 19:27:32 pm »
It's nice to know that other people are going through the same thing.  ;)
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80