Author Topic: Does this look like an allergic rash or from food? PICTURES  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Does this look like an allergic rash or from food? PICTURES
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:33:47 am »
Tyler has been on solids fora bout 4 weeks now.  He has always been SUPER fussy.
His bowel movements seem normal.  He is getting constipated from one food, just not sure which.

Anyhow I decided to stop solids yesterday and then try re-introducing them again slowly to see if I could pinpoint what was causing the problem.

Here is a picture from yesterday, no solids at all.

The one in red is from today and he only had pears (that's it), no oatmeal or rice in his bottles.

We wipe his face after each feeding and well he really does not get much on him anyhow.

Could it be the absorbic acid (Vit C) that they ad to the fruits or could it just be the food itself.  He has had this rash (actually at times) way worse than it is now. 

I thought it was just dry skin, but yesterday (by bedtime) his face looked really good and this morning WOW, he skin was so clear.. Then he ate pears and within an hour or so, he had the rash.

P.S:  The pictures really don't even show how bad it looks.
???
Thanks, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Does this look like an allergic rash or from food? PICTURES
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:36:38 am »
Mirelle gets this sort of rash i think it is due to teething?
BTW he is so cute  ;)

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 07:58:34 am »
Teething rashes can look like that but as you say Zach's face was clear and then became rashy again an hour after the pears then I would suspect it was a reaction. If he does not get much on his skin then I would not think it was a contact thing. Have you tried giving homemade pear puree that way you should be able to determine if it is the pears or the ascorbic acid that is added to the commercial products.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 18:20:39 pm »
I thought it was from teething, but today he has had no solids and again his face is perfect.  It is not red, no rash, nothing.

I have not started giving him homemade foods.  I am actually going to start that tom.  Just have to go buy the stuff. 

if he has the reaction then, I will know it is pears or whatever.

Thanks, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!