Author Topic: MSPI-Help Needed  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Elise Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 17, 2008, 20:27:58 pm »
We think that DD has a MSPI, her pedi has recommended that I stop all dairy.  I am willing to do whatever it takes to make my DD comfortable, happy and healthy. 

I need help with locating a butter alternative, i went to the store yesterday and could not locate Fleishmans LIGHT margarine in the tub (blue lid), Fleishmans UNSALTED margarine sticks, Mazola's unsalted sticks or Blue Bonnet.  Is hydrogenated soybean oil okay?  Is soybean oil okay? 

What about artificial sweeteners?  I really like Crystal Light, is this a no-no, too?

This is all so hard and a bit daunting. 

Thank you.
~Jamie~

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: MSPI-Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 20:36:26 pm »
I am from the UK so I can't help you locate the items you are after unfortunately but I am sure there will be others who can.

With the hydrogenated soybean oil and the soybean oil it really depends on how sensitive your lo is. I would suggest you eliminate them at first if possible, then when you reach a baseline you can then try introducing them and see if it causes any symptoms to return.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline Elise Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 20:43:39 pm »
Kelly-
Thank you for the quick reply!  I had a feeling to avoid the soybean oil..............

Do you know about artificial sweeteners?

Thank you,
~Jamie~

Offline motherof3

• Andrea, Paul, Jackie, Payton and Abby
  • Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 16:27:11 pm »
Jamie-

My dd Abby was MSPI and could tolerate soybean oil and soy lechtin.  I don't know of any margarine that doesn't have the soybean oil in it. :(  I don't know about artificial sweeteners, as I didn't bf and she was on Neocate.  But big HUGS to you for sticking with the bfing*******************

Andrea
Jackie 3/10/01
Payton 9/23/03

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 19:17:11 pm »
I am not sure about artificial sweetners to be honest. I know too much of them is not supposed to be good for you. I choose not to give my children things with artificial sweetners in because I try to stck to foods without chemicals in. Having said that I probably did consume a small amount in drinks whilst I was breast feeding but only occasionally.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker