Author Topic: allergy or what??  (Read 916 times)

Offline Mama2boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 247
allergy or what??
« on: April 26, 2008, 22:13:46 pm »
hello all,

DS has over the last week/10 days developed red bumpy patches on his chin and sides of his mouth. He doe snot seem to be in discomfort or pain andthey don't seem to be itchy.

He also has a few rough skin patches on his leg/arm and butt etc.

and lastly some very fine dots on his tummy, not prominent at all and not over his entire tummy mainly in the nappy belt area.

Now all of the above may or may not be related, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this could be.

He is teething so drooling a bit and the only new thing he has probaby had is blueberries and he has moved completely to cow's milk....

thanks for any and all guidance.
Mukta
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: allergy or what??
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 19:26:06 pm »
The description of the rash sounds like it could possibly be eczema, though I would have expected it to be itchy. Having said that my friends baby developed eczema at around 6 months and it did not seem to trouble her for the first few months. It could be related to the recent transition to cow's milk it could also be the blueberries. It is also possible it could be something in the enviroment that has triggered it. I would take your lo to the doctor to find out if it is eczema or not then you will know if it needs treatment or not.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
Re: allergy or what??
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 19:37:08 pm »
Thanks Kelly.

Took to the doctors who didn't know, so he is off blueberries for a bit and it seems to have improved marginally. But to complicate matters he has developed a viral rash that seem to be going around. Hopefully all will clear up in a few days.

Thanks
9 and 6, oh boy!