Author Topic: Not geting notifications any more  (Read 3501 times)

Offline button

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Hello from under the changing table!!! Ireland.
« on: April 25, 2008, 20:54:34 pm »
Hi there...
not sure if I have right board..if not sorry &of course feel free to move it!
Since the boards were down I have not being getting any notifications by emails. Previously I had set up my account  so I was getting notifications on certain boards/topics which I pressed notify on as well as on ones I had posted or replied to. Now I am getting None at all. I did try resetting it in my profile but to no avail. Would love if someone could help me solve this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: Not geting notifications any more
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 21:05:24 pm »
Have you deleted cookies/temp files and cache recently ? And also check your spam folder incase they have gone in there.

This would be better in the glitches forum but I'm sure a GM will move it over for you
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 21:08:22 pm by ryan's mum »
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline button

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 21:18:25 pm »
Have you deleted cookies/temp files and cache recently ?
Sorry not sure what this means or how to do it!!
I had my email set so I cant receive Any spam... I just turned off the spam guard & leave it like this temporarily just in case.
Notifications always went straight in to my inbox before though but good Idea to check!
Thanks

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 21:24:55 pm »
It will be in your control panel under internet options .
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline button

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 21:22:20 pm »
It will be in your control panel under internet options .
looked under internet options and couldn't find it...but since I turned off the Spam gaurd I have been getting a few notifications-seems less than before but maybe I need to re-press notify on some boards again, I will Wait a few days and see .... thanks for that suggestion. 

p.s. sorry bout posting in wrong forum, thanks for moving it!

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Showing Appreciation 218
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 23:30:32 pm »
It may help if you mark one of your babywhisperer notification emails as Safe.  How you do this will depend on your email program, if it works for you then you should be able to reactivate your spam filter again and still receive notifications from BW.

To clear your cookies and temporary internet files please follow the instructions below.  Please note these are instructions for the latest version of Internet Explorer (7).  If you are using a different browser, or older version of IE please let me know and I'll post the relevant instructions.

OK, clearing cookies and temp. internet files will delete your browsing history and also any passwords you have set to automatically log you in.  So you will need to log into this site again manually.

Make sure you only have one window of Internet Explorer (IE) open.  Click Tools, and then Internet Options.  Then under Browsing History select Delete.  You should have a menu of options, you can delete all if you like, or you can delete one by one and just exclude Passwords (doing this may save you having to enter passwords for all your sites).  Deleting Temp. files could take a very long time if you haven't done it recently. 

Once all operations are finished it's important to close IE entirely - all open windows.  Wait a few seconds and then open again, log back into the site and see if that fixes your problem :)

As an aside, deleting cookies and temp. internet files should be done as weekly maintenance :)

Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005