Author Topic: Just can't do this - day naps almost non-existant  (Read 905 times)

lcpm

Just can't do this - day naps almost non-existant
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:41:40 am »
I just don't know what to do. Daughter is 24 weeks and is just not really napping during the day at all. Maybe half and hour here, 20 mins there. She sleeps at night pretty much though. I have been trying really hard to read her tired cues and take her to her room as soon as she rubs her eyes - usually after about 1 1/2 hours - but then she crys and flings herself on her back so it's difficult for me to pat her back.
She has just woken again after only 10 mins of sleep. I am near to tears. SHe has been up since 5.50 and I took her up at 8.00 after she yawned twice. Since then she has had prob half an hour total. Just brought her back down again.
What should I do? Can anyone help?

Offline marensmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 202
Re: Just can't do this - day naps almost non-existant
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 17:26:08 pm »
Hi Lisa.  Sorry it's so hard right now, I know how frustrating this can be.  Naps of around 30 minutes usually indicate OT, so it's possible that you're not picking up on her cues until it's too late.  Can you post your routine and we'll see what that looks like?

Thanks!
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls

lcpm

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 08:53:59 am »
Hi Nicole, thanks for replying. I think I may have found an answer, albeit not a perfect one....
She rolled onto her tummy yesterday while I was trying to put her down for her 2nd nap and fell asleep pretty much straight away - slept for 2 hours! Tried it again for her 5 o'clock nap and she slept for 40 mins (about right I think for her routine - 4 hourly feeds and bed at 7pm).
So, today - she woke at 6, I fed her at 7 - she had had an unsettled night as I think she has a cold coming so was yawning and rubbing her eyes by 8. Put her down on her tummy and she has now been asleep for 1 hour 50 mins!!!
I know it's not ideal, and I won't do this at night as I am too nervous, but it looks like she is far more settled this way......
Here's hoping she doesn't have too much sleep in the day now!
Cheers.
(a much happier) Lisa  :)

Offline marensmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 202
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 14:13:08 pm »
Hi again!  Glad you both got some much needed rest!  Some babes do prefer tummy sleeping although as you know there is an increased risk of SIDS.  You can get an Angel Care monitor that will set off an alarm if there's lack of movement from breathing if you are concerned.

Take care! :)
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls