Author Topic: Does my baby need Neocate? I'm desperate!! Please help!!  (Read 9518 times)

Offline emilyr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Does my baby need Neocate? I'm desperate!! Please help!!
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:07:46 am »
I am so desperate and at my wit's end.  My son (4 months) has reflux and MSPI, I believe.  I was breastfeeding and on an elimination diet, but he would not eat well from me, so after trying for almost 4 months we finally stopped.  His main symptoms are that he does not sleep well (40 min naps, waking every hour at night), very gassy (very smelly), and stinky weird poop. He also grunts, grunts, grunts as if his gut is hurting and has a hard time eating.  He squirms and kicks and arches when he eats. He has been on Nutramigen, which seemed to make the reflux worse.  I tried Alimentum, which seemed even worse, then back to Nutramigen. When we switched back, after about 1-2 days we had three blessed perfect days of 2 hour naps, and only waking from 1-3 times at night. He has not done that since he was a week old.  I thought we were getting our lives back finally, but things have gone back down hill.  I am trying Alimentum again to see if maybe that was the thing, even though he didn't have his good days until right after we switched back to Nutramigen, but it is not going well so far.  I am really confused and after seeing that having some sort of normal life was possible I want it so bad!!! I am wondering if we need to go to the next level and try neocate, but how do you know when there are no obvious indicators, like bloody stools?  He has never had blood, but I know that doesn't rule out a reaction. If you have any info, experience, or advice PLEASE help!!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:22:35 am by emilyr »