Author Topic: If allergic to (x) May also have a reaction to at least one of these foods.Risk%  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Here is a list from our recent allergy appointment.

If you are allergic to a certain food, you also have the risk of being allergic to another food.

This list shows the % risk.

-Wendy

*Just click on the document to get a clear look at it.  If you have any problems seeing it, please let me know.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 03:20:58 am by Mydreamcametrue »
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline LifeGiver

• Mariana, mother of E. (5) M. (3) and A. (14mo)
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • My 3 princesses
    • My family blog
Thanks a lot for the information!
I took my DD to the allergy doctor too, she told me about the relation between milk and beef allergy.

I just want to add one to your list (according to this allergy Ped):
If your LO is allergic to eggs, it's probable that he/she will also be allergic to chicken and apples.

HTH!!
All the Glory to Jesus, King of kings and Lord of lords!

Big girl with multiple food allergies: nuts, peanuts, eggs, fish, coconut and wheat.
Facing school life, one day at a time!

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
Do you know the percentage risk? 'Probable' is just a little vague, and could apply to 51% or 90%, kwim? For example, the risk between milk/beef is only 10%. Dylan's got an anaphylactic allergy to eggs, but no problem with chicken or apples.

Interesting how all the allergies are linked, eh?
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Ragweed and honeydew?  Weird.  I don't react to apples/peaches and don't like honeydew, so no clue there. 
Umm, who tested mare's milk?  And do ya think that also includes pregnant mare urine?  As in that's what Premarin comes from.  :P
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline LifeGiver

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • My 3 princesses
    • My family blog
Vikki, I'm allergic to eggs too, but I don't have any problems with chicken. But I surely will follow exactly what she told me since she was the only doctor who got really interested on finding out what was causing such a bad eczema on DD. Here in Ireland the nurses and our GP just said "babies have it, keep her moisturized"...

She didn't tell me any percentage, but she told me not to give DD any apples or chicken until she is tested again (when she turns 1yo). She justified the chicken and apples restriction because when the proteins are broken during digestion they are very similar to the eggs protein

I just thought it could be useful to share! ;)

Big girl with multiple food allergies: nuts, peanuts, eggs, fish, coconut and wheat.

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
Ikwym about the eczema - Dylan had it quite badly until we got his allergy testing done at 16mo. Lo and behold, we eliminate all allergens from his diet and minimize them in mine and his eczema is gone. Only flares now if he's sick or exposed to an allergen (ie, hives today leads to an eczema flare tomorrow). At the time I got the same 'dry skin, moisturize' line as you :P
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline LifeGiver

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • My 3 princesses
    • My family blog
Oh sure, now that she's diagnosed and we're avoiding the allergens I know that'll be the thing to be done. Moisturizing! I just couldn't accept this "prescription" without an investigation... ;)

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Check this link for a list of common linked allergies -

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/allergy.htm

It's on the right hand side - under Oral Allergy Syndrome.  You can click each type and it will list a group of allergens :)