Author Topic: Puschair Nightmare .....  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Nikki72

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 29, 2008, 20:25:35 pm »
Hi

Not sure where to post this but my 10 month old gets very upset in his pushchair.  He is fine for about 5 minutes but then starts to cry and scream and only stops if I take him out.  People stare at me and helpfully suggest I carry him but when I have shopping and the buggy it's just not possible.  I have to use the pushchair or I would never get out.  HELP!!!  I am becoming housebound by him and there are things I need to get done on a day to day basis.  I have a Maclaren Techno XT and there is nothing sharp/poking into him and the straps are cushioned and not too tight.  He has toys and books attached so there are distractions and I chat to him as we are walking.  He used to be fine but not anymore!  Any ideas????
Thanks!

Offline emmas

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
Re: Puschair Nightmare .....
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 20:55:51 pm »
Hi and welcome!!

I think he has learnt if he cries and screams enough you will take him out - so thats what he does!

Have you tried making a game out of the buggy at home - indoors doing races etc - then go for short trips outside (out of public view if you like) and no matter how much he screams just reassure him but don't take him out.

Thats what I'd do - I'm sure others will have some more ideas for you!

Offline *Vicki*

• Lazy Spice
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • mischief makers........
Re: Puschair Nightmare .....
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 21:01:02 pm »
this is a hard one hun...my dd1 was a bit like this...i found its a phase really, and the more i got her out the more she did it IYKWIM?  Im not saying let him scream his head off but maybe some form of gradual withdrawl might be an idea, so you comfort him, put him back, comfort him ,put him back or even get down to his level and try to comfort him WITHOUT getting him out - dont shout over him just be there in front of him holding him in the pram...

If its not a phase it could be some sort of phobia.. :-\
Mummy to

Megan Marjorie Alice 12/07/03
and
Cerys Elizabeth Rose 29/05/07

Offline preciousb

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 06:02:11 am »
Just letting you know you are not the only one!  My LO is 9 months old and used to be fine with her pram.  Used to sleep in it, check out the cars and be happy as larry.

Now she has started to cry when in it - especially in public places.  She is fine when I get her out to carry her but as soon as I put her back in - the crying starts again.  I've turned her seat around to face me but it makes no difference.  I'll let you know if I figure out a solution - but in the mean time big hugs!!   I know what you mean about needing to get things done!