Author Topic: Ideas on wearing down 25 month old  (Read 989 times)

Offline Juniper

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Ideas on wearing down 25 month old
« on: July 08, 2008, 03:27:49 am »
Hi all.  Was just hoping to get some suggestions on how to wear down my daughter.  She's 25 months old and it seems no matter what I do with her she never stops.  I'm almost 6 months pregnant so I'm having a tough time as I don't have the energy to keep her distracted anymore.  Please, any suggestions on how to help her wear herself down would so be appreciated.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: Ideas on wearing down 25 month old
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:21:48 am »
looks like your avatar is at a playground? that's number 1 for me. 2nd is trampoline - either a big one with you supervising or you can get the small low ones they hold onto a bar and jump their hearts out (can be used indoors or out) which you could get a lot of use out of - can make games on there so you are involved (if she also needs you in her activities) - like practicing numbers or letters by doing a jump as you count, or 1 for A, then 1 for B and so on (i am winging this so bear with me).  you can set up an obstacle course inside or in garden - put out some old pillows, a tunnel, a hula hoop laying flat, etc and create a course that involves walking, balancing, jumping.

i once saw a great game and i cannot remember if i ever did it, but it is easy and great for her age.  you take paper plates and colour the centres different colours (or you can buy a variety of coloured plates if you want - but the colouring can be an activity too).  then you spread them out a little bit apart from each other on your floor (guess you coudl blue tac it down if worried about slipping) and you call out a colour and she has to get to it (can do one leap between plates or you coudl say to hop there or twist or dance for variations - again winging it) and then to the next colour you call (you can be seated the whole time and rest!)  you work on colour recognition AND physical stuff too.  HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Ryan&HollysMom

• Claudia-German married to Canadian
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • halloween 2012
Re: Ideas on wearing down 25 month old
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 18:30:24 pm »
swimming? do you have a beach nearby? playing in sand and surf usually gets our lo tired. even the kiddie pool out back is great. i can sit and chat with a friend, he has fun running around, painting the deck with water and running his trucks into the pool.. a pool would also be good for you and the belly.
we also go for long walks wiht him walking. they're not as exciting for us (sloooow), but after 30 min or so he sure slows down
good luck
Claudia-German married to Canadian

and our angel, 10 weeks, 11/19/08