Author Topic: dream feed question  (Read 672 times)

Offline jlheagy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
dream feed question
« on: July 10, 2008, 19:35:46 pm »
My dd is 9 weeks old and right now she has her last feed about 7-7:30 and is asleep between 8-8:30 (I am aiming for 7:30, but it is usually later) and sleeps until between 3:30-5:30 eats and back to sleep for 3-4 hours.  So I am thinking of starting DF to see if this will help her sleep through until 7 (or at least 6) because I don't mind this, but I am going back to work Sat and I don't get home until between 10pm and midnight.  So if I want to do DF would 10 be to early if she ate at 7:30 because the nights I'm off I am so tired I want to get to bed as early as I can because I am so tired (I have  6 & 4 year old also).  Also does DF only work if you do it every night?  How long should it take to get results?  My dd#2 slept 6:30-6:30 by 3 months (also ebf) so I know it is possible to go that long between feeds by that age, but I also know every baby is different.  She normally eats 6 times/day plus the nw, but the other day only ate 5 times and still woke the same time.  I do try to get a cluster feed in the evening, but sometimes is only 1 hour apart because naps are off during the day and she doesn't eat very much at those times.
proud mommy to Ashley (2-18-02), Peyton (3-17-04), Ella (5-4-08) and my Angel up in Heaven Alex (8-6-06 thru 8-23-06)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: dream feed question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 20:42:26 pm »
Bumping up for you - I'm afraid I don't have much advice since the DF didn't work for us. But at nine weeks you're doing GREAT!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o