Author Topic: 'new replies to your posts' qu :)  (Read 2749 times)

Offline *Nicola*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 429
'new replies to your posts' qu :)
« on: July 21, 2008, 20:34:46 pm »
Hi guys

So .. usually I just cruise the boards when I log on but today I navigated using the 'unread posts since last visit' and 'new replies to your posts' ... variety is the spice of life and all that ;)

Anyhoo ... does new replies to your posts show you new replies to everything that you have ever posted in??  And if so, is there anyway you can stop it showing things you no longer post in?  Or (lol) if you don't respond again do the 'alerts' stop showing for that post?

Just curious (and procrastinating ... ironing pile looking at me!)

x
Mummy to 2 beautiful kiddies. 

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Showing Appreciation 326
Re: 'new replies to your posts' qu :)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 20:58:37 pm »

Anyhoo ... does new replies to your posts show you new replies to everything that you have ever posted in?? 
  Yes, it does.  :)

Quote (selected)
And if so, is there anyway you can stop it showing things you no longer post in?  Or (lol) if you don't respond again do the 'alerts' stop showing for that post?

Alas, no, there's no way to get those alerts to stop showing other than going back to the thread in question and deleting all the posts that you made to that thread.

Funny how people navigate the site differently, lol.  I almost exclusively use the "show new replies" and "show recent unread posts."  And I almost obsessively refuse to let myself to look at the "recent undread posts" until I've visited everything in my "show new replies" list. 

:-*

Offline *Nicola*

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 21:01:29 pm »

Anyhoo ... does new replies to your posts show you new replies to everything that you have ever posted in?? 
  Yes, it does.  :)

Quote (selected)
And if so, is there anyway you can stop it showing things you no longer post in?  Or (lol) if you don't respond again do the 'alerts' stop showing for that post?

Alas, no, there's no way to get those alerts to stop showing other than going back to the thread in question and deleting all the posts that you made to that thread.

Groan!! Think I'll keep cruising!

There was a thread a while back about how different people navigate the boards! Bethany .... don't you find that if you use 'show new replies' that by the time you have replied again (if you need to) that there are just tonnes more replies to tonnes more messages and you get in a muddle?  maybe just me ;)

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline Peek-a-boo

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 21:09:31 pm »
Hmm . . . tbh, the way I navigate makes me think twice before I post on any game thread or on a thread that is likely to get tons of short replies (like couch posts that get 40 {{hugs}} posts) because I know it will keep showing up every time some one else posts hugs.  So if I give you a {{hug}} on the couch it means I love you enough to put up with your thread showing up every five minutes on my list, lol.  :)  :-*

If I didn't use it though, I'd worry about not following up with someone whose post I'd replied to, kwim?  But maybe if I didn't use the "show recent unread posts" button, I'd only post on threads on certain boards that I visited rather than random boards all over the site and then it would be easier to remember and keep track. ???

Offline Peek-a-boo

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 21:13:30 pm »
Oh, if you've gone through all the threads on your list that you want to visit you can click "mark all messages read" on the tab in the upper right corner and then it will clear out all of the threads--until some one posts another new reply.  :)

Offline maisy

• Showing Appreciation 131
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 21:51:26 pm »
LOL Nicola I am like Bethany, I only ever use the new posts since last visit and the new repies to my posts thing. I do the 2nd one first (does that even make sense??)  then I allow myself to go see what else is new for me to read LOL

Bethany I am like that, I have tones of games popping up as they are on my board so I often lock the old ones and start the new ones so I get them poppin gup the whole 30 pages

Nicola I am intrigued, how many pages did you have if you have never checked them? and how do you remember what you posted in?

x x x x
Lee Ann,

Offline Peek-a-boo

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 21:53:23 pm »
hmmm . . . will she see our replies? ;)

Offline *Nicola*

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 22:21:28 pm »
Nicola I am intrigued, how many pages did you have if you have never checked them? and how do you remember what you posted in?

x x x x

squillions of pages.  and not sure how i remember, i just do!

hmmm . . . will she see our replies? ;)

checked the 'show new replies' button :D