Author Topic: ANY IDEAS ON THIS RASH?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline rachelrachel17

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:45:48 am »
hi over the last 2 months damon has been getting spots/rashes. he has had excema since he was a few weeks old and took alergies against some creams we tried on him which i think made him worse but had had it under control for 2years now avoiding steriods and just emulsifying, but 3months ago he started getting red raw flare ups on the back of his knees and other joints n scrathing a lot, most have gone down but on the back of 1 knee is a horrid patch trhat we keep getting different creams for, then about 2 months ago a red spotty rash came up to arpund his joints, then went but a couple of weeks later he started with some blistered spots, peo[le tole me it was chicken pox even thou he pnly got about 6 but they came back 2 weeks later, i took him to the dr to check and they said it probubloy was chicken pox now a month later it is back with evengence he has  these blistered spots all over along with a rash that looks a but like a viral rash but he is not unwell. it is just fading now and i have been to the dr today-the earlyest i could get in and they are just ignoring me and given me another cream for the back of his bad knee! grrr i wondered if anyone had any ideas? i noticed he had strawberries 2 days in a row before the last outbreak-could it be a food alergy like this? thanx

Offline Hev1179

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: ANY IDEAS ON THIS RASH?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:59:21 am »
Both of my girls have had intolerences and the eldest did come out with bright red blotches which came to a watery blister every time she had strawberry's or any product off!! try not giving anything containing it and then introducing a small amount when the skin is clear to see if there is a flair up, then you will have the proof you will need to get the doc to listen, you could always give a small amount of piriton to see if that will tame the reaction,

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:41:48 am »
So there are two rashes - a fluid filled blistered rash, and a flat red rash?  AND excema?

Is the blistered rash itchy?  Where exactly is it?

Poor lil bugga.

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline momtoandrewandthomas

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:09:25 pm »
My older son has had trouble with eczema since birth as well (he is 5 1/2).  When our allergist looked at his rash at 12-18 months, he swore up and down it was a food allergy, but he tested negative and never had difficulties with food that I was aware of.  However, now I am starting to wonder.  my younger son (2) is MSPI and I am curious to know if my older is intolerant to something.  I am just wondering where to start with elim.  My little one is on TED pretty much and does great.  My older one is not a good eater and I don't even know where to begin.  I am going to start keeping a food diary for the older one, which really helped focus things for me with my little one.  ANdrew's (5) eczema has always been over and around his joints.  It now scars.  When he gets tan in the summer, he has white patches like scars from old outbreaks.  His appears seasonal, but definitely worse in the summer, which refutes typical eczema.  Try the elimination of strawberries once he is clear and then keep careful record of what he eats and poops after that.  you may see a connection.
Jen
Jen - pediatric physical therapist and wife to Brian
Mom to Andrew - 5 1/2 sensitive preemie
           Thomas - 2 1/2 MSPI textbook baby

Kindergarten is stressing me out!!!!

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 20:46:50 pm »
Could you by chance take a picture and post?

Several things can cause excema. 

Does he eat a lot of foods that contain wheat (bread, crackers, cookies, etc.)?

He could have a wheat intolerane (celiac disease), sometimes the only symptom is excema. 

Not saying he has that at all, just throwing stuff out there.  There has to be a reason for his excema.  Does anyone else in your family have it?

Hugs to you, Wendy

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline rachelrachel17

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 08:46:42 am »
hi all and thanks

Hev1179 no chance on the piriton-he will not take medicine anymore

Zoey he scrathes all the time so hard to tell and it all over but more on his legs

momtoandrewandthomas i really would like him allergy tested-will uk dr send them? with the food diary i had heard it takes months for something they have had very regularly to come out their system so im not sure if i have the stamina to stop something like wheat or dairy for that long

Mydreamcametrue we have 2 celiacs in the family-neither blood relatives and he doesn't have those symtoms
dad had a little bit of excema but i not had any for years and i think it was a reaction to chemical he used at work!

the rashes have almost gone just leaving his excema which is really mad atm at the back of his knees it looks really sore! im going to leave it a few more days then give him strawberries for 2 days like last time and wait and see, my mum now tells me she was sensitive to strawberries when she was little and she had too many so we'll see on that 1!

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 18:23:59 pm »
Hope it goes well.  Hopefully you find out what it is from.

Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!