Author Topic: face rash - food allergy or heat rash????  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: face rash - food allergy or heat rash????
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 20:26:14 pm »
Totally agree.  I would not want to do the antibitiocs either unless needed for sure.  They can really mess your digestive system up.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline hayleysmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 13:00:41 pm »
I'd be very reluctant to give the antibiotics.  They are very over prescribed these days and then when our LOs truly need them, their bodies have already built up resistance to the drugs and have no effect.

Our GP is quite laid back and his general attitude with most things is to give everything 1-2 weeks to improve on it's own before attempting to treat it with drugs of any nature.  Especially if your LO seems well in himself otherwise, I'd be inclined to do the same.  I'm also surprised that he was prescribed steroid cream for his face - that's the one area that is usually avoided because the skin is particularly thin...

How's he doing?
Mum to Hayley 29 Nov 05 and Philippa 14 Jan 08

Offline vickyd

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 08:53:03 am »
I did a bit more research on the internet as I really didn't want to give him the anti-biotics if I didn't have to. It said that for heat rash to avoid smothering babys in cream (which both doctors advised me to do!) as the sweat glands are not properly developed and cream will just block them more. It said to try calamine lotion instead so I did and his face has nearly totally cleared up! It is now nearly 3 weeks since the red face started so I wonder if it has been fifth disease after all because it said it would take around 3 weeks to clear itself. So much for doctors!! I'm glad I trusted my instincts now!
Mummy to Michael and the twins, Emmy and Jack xxx

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 00:49:49 am »
Good for you.  Sounds more like fifth disease to me.  I just don't think a heat rash would stay around that long.

I am happy it is getting better though.

Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!