Author Topic: Anyone else have a LO who only wants to explore?  (Read 2893 times)

Offline NicElua

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Anyone else have a LO who only wants to explore?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 14:44:21 pm »
oh yes Emma, that's exactly what i thought too. If I let him out, he will somehow learn that he just has to fuss and he'll get his way. My fear is that if I start with this and slowly like a cancer, it'll spread to other aspects of our lives!..then wouldn't that be accidental parenting too??
Nic

Offline emmas

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 14:49:10 pm »
My feelings exactly - although dh gets him out and nearly always ends up carrying him - my point proven I think!

I know its on your other thread but keep up with walking him around - I've been doing that and yesterday H started walking by himself.  He still crawls for long distance/speed but short distances he now walks!

Offline NicElua

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 15:04:24 pm »
how wonderful! That's great news!

yes for the last few days, dh and I had been physically tired due to J's eagerness to keep walking around, but still holding on to us.

the babbling has increased tremendously! He's really a very noisy guy now. And we keep getting into embarrassing situations when we are out, as in, he would suddenly yelp out something and someone walking in front of us would be startled (J's quite loud too!). :D
Nic