Author Topic: Does colief change poops??  (Read 1962 times)

Offline jellybabe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Does colief change poops??
« on: August 10, 2008, 19:12:59 pm »
Ive been using it for 5 days now, and shes having more regular, more runnier poops. Also, i am expressing and giving formula and noticed that the 'seeds' in the poop were clustered, almost as big as my indexfingernail. About 3 of those clusters in her diaper?? Dont know if its due to colief? ???

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: Does colief change poops??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 19:15:16 pm »
Colief does tend to make runnier and deff smellier poo's  :-X .I think it says it on the box too .We only used it for a short time
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 19:44:00 pm »
Yes!  We had the exact same thing - from 1-2 fairly solid poops to 3-4 softer, almost runny (and VERY smelly) ones.  Normal service resumed when she didn't need the colief anymore.  :)

Offline jellybabe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 20:09:56 pm »
Man, she's had 3 poops already!! Gonna need more diapers soon!! :o

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 00:48:12 am »
When did you start to introduce the formula?  Could it be from that?  Did you do it at the same time?

Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline jellybabe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:44:18 am »
No, she had comfort and the colief and it started before I started with the new formula. I do notice after her having the new formula yesterday she gets like wet farts. Might be the formula now that is doing that?

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 18:05:26 pm »
Not familiar with that formula, but deft. good be.  I assume it is milk based and has lactose in it?

Is she in a lot of pain?  If not, I would not worry to much with it.  If so, then it could be milk protein that is causing her discomfort and gas, not the lactose.

Colief is supposed to break down the lactose in formula so it is easier to digest.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline jellybabe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 19:25:31 pm »
No, the one I use now is LF but actaully today is still not better. She's still screaming after her feeds. Starting to think maybe the protien. Seeing that lf and normal formula with colief dont work??She gives screams that pierce you ears, so then its painfull, altho its very short, for like 10 min after she's had bottle. She burps too but doesnt seem to eleviate it. So if it could be the protien, which formula then? Hypoallergenic?

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 18:51:20 pm »
You could try soy, but a lot of lo's cannot handle the soy protein either.

Personally I would do hypoallergenic.  Nutramigen is a great formula.  Both my kids are/were on it and it is like a lifesaver in a can. 

We used to call it liquid gold, because it does cost a lot, but so well worth every penny.

That is what I would try.

Wendy
Wendy -

Offline momtoandrewandthomas

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 19:13:45 pm »
Ha Ha Wendy.  My husband used to say the same thing about the Neutramigen.  Neocate is even worse!!  I would nearly cry as I dumped it down the sink when Thomas would not drink it.  I does help, and based on the number of MSPI combination kids, I would go straight to the top.
Jen - pediatric physical therapist and wife to Brian
Mom to Andrew - 5 1/2 sensitive preemie
           Thomas - 2 1/2 MSPI textbook baby

Kindergarten is stressing me out!!!!