Author Topic: just a suggestion/question  (Read 2049 times)

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
just a suggestion/question
« on: August 12, 2008, 23:16:43 pm »
I have noticed that a lot of members are more comfortable posting as anonymous on mainly the couch forum ( totally understand why ), is there anyway it can be set how it was in the past where you can sign in /post as a guest for this forum ? ( as you can with the glitches forum ) .You also find that some members in their replies say they will PM the member ( again they feel more comfortable ) but that information sent in a PM could benefit other's that read the thread if it was in an anonymous reply . Does that make sense ?  I know at times I have wanted to reply to some posts but not comfortable writing on an open forum under my username .
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 23:18:47 pm by ryan's mum »
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Aly Mac

• Showing Appreciation 162
  • Such joy!
Re: just a suggestion/question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 23:20:34 pm »
I don't think as a guest, you can access the couch.  For privacy reasons (ie: the couch is a safe place for members to come). hence you have to be a member.  I could be wrong here, but I think that is the case.  Guest's can't access every part of the forum.
Aleesa.....

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:11:26 am »
Aly is right about that - guests can only see some parts of the forum not all of them.

H x

em_here

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:14:29 am »
I I know at times I have wanted to reply to some posts but not comfortable writing on an open forum under my username .

Ditto to that xxx

Would be a good function to have, but I see that people have to register to see certain parts of the boards, why is that people cant see the Y part of the board if not registered just out of interest. Is it a security thing? xxxx

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 21:14:54 pm »
I see that people have to register to see certain parts of the boards, why is that people cant see the Y part of the board if not registered just out of interest. Is it a security thing? xxxx

partly - there are things posted in lots of them that are of a sensitive nature, and it is nice that they are not "Google-able"... but the Y boards are kind of the fun boards.  you know, the stuff you (in general) get to do once all the core stuff is taken care of.  plus, the core boards are what folks are likely looking for if they need help. 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

em_here

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 21:16:54 pm »
:) thank you Jaime xxxxxx That makes complete sense xxxx

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Showing Appreciation 218
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 19:27:41 pm »
Guests are not able to post on any part of the forum, this has been removed from glitches; allowing guests to post also allows for spam, so we removed the ability some time ago :)
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005