Author Topic: Getting out during nap times  (Read 624 times)

Offline Krissy18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:09:51 am »
My LO is just over 8 months. Our routine is pretty stable but varies by about 30-60 min depending on his wake time. His A time is 3.5-4 hours, with the afternoon stretch being the longest at the moment. We will be starting swimming lessons in a months time, Sundays at 1145, we will have to leave the house by around 1115 to drive there and get him ready. We will probably be home around 1pm. How on earth am I going to manage this with NAPS? I try not to schedule things during nap times but I did not have much option. The problem is I need to get him home, and probably give him lunch as soon as we get home. He will probably have had 6 hours A time before I get to put him down.
How does everyone else handle missed naps or activities during naps?

I do have another option of 9:45AM on Sundays as well. Which will work better?

Here is our routine  The A times are roughly 3.5-3.75 hours in the morning, then depending on the length of that nap 3.75-4.25 hours in the afternoon, and usually around 3.5-4 hours before bed.

Typical Day

7AM Wake and bottle
8AM- 9AM stroller walk
9AM- Breakfast
1030/1045- 12 or 1215 NAP I have to wake him sometimes or he will go over 1.5 hours and makes for too short of a PM Nap
12PM- bottle
1ish - lunch
4-430 or sometimes 5- cat nap
5- small bottle
6- dinner
8- bedtime bottle
830- sleep

How can I work this with the upcoming lessons?

Maybe I will be lucky enough and he will be on one nap by then? wishful thinking..

Offline Casseopea

• *Kimberly*
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Brendan and Keira
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 05:41:42 am »
When my lo was taking two naps and had to miss one if it was in the morning I tried to get in a short nap earlier than normal and then put him down earlier for his afternoon nap.  And if it was in the afternoon I usually let him sleep longer at his morning nap and then put him down to bed earlier.

Does your lo wake on his own in the morning or do you wake him?  I was wondering if you could maybe let him sleep in a little bit longer and that might help make up for the missing or short nap.  Also, do you think he would sleep in the car on the way to swim lessons?

I think the 9:45am time would work better.  With that time you would just be pushing his morning nap back about 15-30 minutes.  And then you might let him sleep a bit longer at his afternoon nap to make up that time.

???