Author Topic: A great quote to remember  (Read 1488 times)

Offline NicElua

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
A great quote to remember
« on: August 06, 2008, 05:35:44 am »
I'm saddened that I only stumbled upon the BW books after Tracy had passed on. At the same time, I'm really glad I did. With her help through her books, she's helped me transformed from a frightened, clueless new mom with no patience and too high an expectation (of myself, my baby and my family) to a confident, patience and more balanced parent.

I can't help but remember her final chapter in BW for Toddlers because it is the most powerful analogy I've come across so far and it has helped me to put a lot of things into perspective.
It goes like this:

"My granddad, whom I admired for his tolerance and understanding, once told me that a family was like a beautiful garden and children its flowers. A garden needs tender, loving care and patience. Strong roots, rich soil, good planning and proper placement are also essential. After you plant the seeds, you must stand back and watch as the buds take shape on their own. You can't tug at them to make them sprout faster.

Still, the garden needs your constant attention. You must continue to feed the soil, water the plants, and nourish it all with love. Only ministering to the flowers every day will you help them bloom to their fullest potential. If you notice weeds threatening to choke the plants or insects eating the leaves, you must take immediate action. Similarly, families need to be safeguarded in much the same way as a garden, and children cared foe with at least as much watchfulness as rare roses or prizewinning peonies."

Taken from "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers" -- Some Final Thoughts

I hope all who read the BW books and those who will read BW books in future will be equally helped and touched by Tracy and her philosophy and would remember the above analogy as much as I did.

Thank you Tracy.
Nic

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: A great quote to remember
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:12:35 am »
Thats lovely isn't it. I remember reading it and admiring the wisdom in it. Thanks for posting it here for us all to read and be reminded of.

Helen xxx

Offline Vicku

• "There is no way to happiness -happiness IS the way"
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 171
Re: A great quote to remember
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:46:59 pm »
I remember reading that too and thinking 'that's so true'.
Thanks for reminding us of it!
"Very Proud Mummy Blessed with 3 Spirited Girls"
[url=http://daisypath.com][img]

I Breastfed DD1 9.5 months and DD2 21.5 months
"Babies don't sleep, they are only on charge"