Author Topic: Any Halloween birthday party ideas you can share?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline nwmm

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Any Halloween birthday party ideas you can share?
« on: August 26, 2008, 23:54:28 pm »
Anyone have any Halloween birthday party ideas to share?  I will be hosting 1, 2, and 3 year olds.  Unfortunately, the group will have gone to a few other Halloween parties as well.  So, of course, I am looking for something new if that is possible.   ;)  In addition, this group has had the usual gift bag treats such as Play Doh, bubbles, etc. 

Two to three kids will be celebrating their birthdays and we have a lot to celebrate this year!!   ;D   ;D   ;D 

I am planning something low key at home.  Mothers, in this case, will be joining their little ones. 

I will need to provide some sort of lunch.  Any ideas on healthier lunch, snack, and treat bag ideas? 

I need to start planning eary as I have a busy next few months.   ::)

Thanks for your time everyone!!!   ;D

Offline Lucysmom

• Showing Appreciation 118
Re: Any Halloween birthday party ideas you can share?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 00:59:25 am »
For a food idea, you can get a cookie cutter in the shape of a pumpkin.  Then you can use it to cut cheddar cheese into little pumpkins.  I did this last year and it looked really cute.

Offline nwmm

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:46:38 am »
Ohhh.  Did you slice the cheese yourself or purchase it that way?  I am trying to figure out exactly what kind would work the best. 

Metal cookie cutter work the best?  Assuming the cheese might be hard to cut through.

Also, were you able to make them up before hand?

thanks!!!

Offline Lucysmom

• Showing Appreciation 118
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 02:05:50 am »
A metal cookie cutter and I sliced the cheese myself.  Just buy a block of cheddar and experiment!  And yes, you can cut them out beforehand and just refrigerate. 

Offline nwmm

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:23:33 am »
thank you!!!

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:44:26 am »
I LOVE love love Halloween. 

I know you said healthy but depending on your comfort level you could get some mid size plastic bugs and food colouring and make interesting ice cubes for the punch/juice.  Same could be done with jello cups.  If you didn't want to use plastic bugs you could use candy bugs.

Got this from another site ... You can make octopus hot dogs by quartering the lower half of them (leaving them attached) and then boiling. The cut parts will curl.

I love Halloween.

And for treat bags you could decorate, or have them decorate some bags (plastic or nylon) with peel and stick foam Halloween stickers for their bag to trick or treat with. 

That way you are not adding to the candy or sending them home with a bunch of trinkets.  The bags and foam stickers were at our dollars store last year. 

Good luck. 

Did I mention I love Halloween.
Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.

Offline RyansMum

• Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 10:24:37 am »
I think for their age crafts are always a fun thing to do.  Perhaps make goulish pizzas with the older ones, making faces with peppers, tomatoes etc. For the younger ones perhaps make some healthy cookies and get the los to pour a little bit of frosting on the top (home made) to make ghost cookies and decorate with raisins for eyes etc.

Things that I did for Ryans party last year was make spiders out of Ritz crackers spread together with peanut butter (but this could be anything) attached raisins to the crackers for eyes and then had pretzel legs. I also did bat shaped sandwiches using cookie cutters (filling of your choice) and used cream cheese tinted with food colouring to pipe features.

Spooky colouring pages with lots of crayons, stickers and glue with tissue paper to stick on.

Could make spooky paper chains, get some black and orange paper, glue sticks and get them to make them (with help from Mums for the younger ones), then have fun hanging them up around the room.

Could do a haunted hunt around the garden.  Make little favour bags of whatever you like, hide them around the garden and get them out to hunt for them.

Can you tell I love Halloween :P ;D

Offline nwmm

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 17:49:32 pm »
Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!!

I know sometimes the topic of bday parties ideas are over done. I really, really, really appreciate the ideas!!!