Author Topic: milk intalerence  (Read 955 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
milk intalerence
« on: September 02, 2008, 14:58:33 pm »
What are the signs of milk intalerence?

DD is getting fussier and fussier by the day and I can't for the life of me figure out why..

What else could be causing it? She's on meds for reflux, but she doesn't show any other signs of reflux anymore except fussing?

The doctor changed her meds from Zantac to something else, I don't know what its called, it only has the medical name on it. He said it empties her tummy out faster to control the reflux.
Kimberly

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: milk intalerence
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 20:46:36 pm »
Hey Kimberly:

Are you avoiding anything in your diet at all?  Do you notice when you eat anything certain that she is more fussy?

Do you have milk everyday or something with milk in it?

Milk intolerance can have many signs:

- Diarrhea
- Gas
- Could be the opposite and have constipation
- Fussiness
- Reflux
- just seems in pain from tummy hurting.

- If you have not, I would keep a detailed journal of what you eat/when/ what ingredients were in it and when her fussy times are.  You may see some kind of connection.

Also, her meds may need to be upped.  Is she on dompherine.  I don't think I spelled that right. 

If that is the case, she may also need to be on some form of a PPI like prevacid solutabs or omprezole.  This will actually stop the acid pumps. 

I hope this helps some, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!