Author Topic: Vicious circle between E and S + nap out of bed  (Read 802 times)

Offline elendill

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Vicious circle between E and S + nap out of bed
« on: September 06, 2008, 10:12:35 am »
Hi,
I have two questions that i haven't found in FAQs (if I missed it - sorry)

I have a generally easy 3-week-old, mb with short naps, but that doesn't bother me much - at least he's slept trough the night since the first week. But now he had trouble falling asleep (who wouldn't be, what with 2 sisters running in to kiss him "good nap" every 5 min  ::)), until it was time to eat again. But when I tried to feed him, he's so tired, he ate a bit and fell asleep. Now he's up too soon bc he didn't eat enough... is there a way out of this?

another one - is it OK to let him fall asleep not in his cot (like in the yard for fresh air, or on the couch - he just drifts off and i don't want to wake him)? Or will it become a problem at some point?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:15:15 am by elendill »

Offline marensmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 202
Re: Vicious circle between E and S + nap out of bed
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 04:35:28 am »
Hi there and welcome to the BW community.  Wow, STTN already?  Lucky!  He must be an angel babe!  Regarding your questions, I've found a couple links that might be helpful to you.

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=64745.0
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63428.0

Also, as far as napping goes with sisters around, it's generally best if he's mostly in his own room, in his crib.  At this age, they start to become more aware of their surroundings.  If he is swaddled, and his room is dark, that will set him up to fall asleep independently.  If he needs additional help, pat/shh is a great method to start using to settle him.

HTH! :)
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls