Author Topic: 11 week old - possible allergy?  (Read 3126 times)

Offline luckylot

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 13:28:10 pm »
Hmmm, all very interesting! I know that our holistic dr can check 120+ specific foods and how severe (from a 1-4) the allergy is so that different methods of avoidance can be practiced (IE-complete avoidance or rotation diet).  I should ask him if he can do this type of testing on an infant!!  I didn't even think of it really.

Jessica

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 11 week old - possible allergy?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 18:05:13 pm »
So do they test for actual allergies, IgE related or intolrances?

Tyler is not allergic to potatoes, BUT he lacks the digestive enzymes to break down that food properly, therfore it gets malabsorbed and causes all sorts of issues.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline luckylot

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 15:54:41 pm »
I believe it's an IgE test from blood.  Is there something different for intolerances?

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 11 week old - possible allergy?
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 01:56:54 am »
YES.  The IgE test is for actual allergies when it involves your immune system.

Food Inotolerance, you body lacks the proper digestive enzymes to break down the food.  They are harder to diagnose because they do not show up on an allergy test, which most doctors do.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!