Author Topic: Activity and toy ideas for 6-9mths  (Read 36174 times)

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2014, 05:46:56 am »
the spirit of the tresure basket ist to leave the babies to manipulate and create connections between the objekts alone. mum doesn´t have to give or indicate anything, just stay in the room toghether as a companion who support a new discovery travel! the objekts in the basket doesnt be on plastic but all natuarl elements (the world is allready full of plastic, do our lo find plastic even here in ther basket?) The consentration of babies is really short first, max half an hour, or as lons as she decid. I can post the list of stuff from the book of eleonore goldsmith, who invented the treasure basket and the euristic play as well

I know this post is really old but I love this idea, if your about still Mamiblue and could post the list of items to get me started, I'm going to try and start a treasure box today but I like the idea of it being all natural items that go in it. X

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Activity and toy ideas for 6-9mths
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2014, 07:32:05 am »
There's a list of items you could use here:
http://www.littleacornstomightyoaks.co.uk/Articles/Treasure_basket
or google "treasure basket" or "busy box" for more ideas. (I just spotted on that link it mentions small vanilla essence bottle, I would remove the lid and always check for choke hazards on all items you offer for exploration).

The easiest way to start is to just look around the house and see what everyday objects there are which would be safe for baby. Whilst I agree that natural objects are wonderful I wouldn’t immediately discount all plastic.  For instance DS loved playing with cooking measures (spoons and cups), ours are plastic, some people have metal. For me it was more about everyday household items or collected items as opposed to 'toys' iyswim.

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 08:07:32 am »
Thanks creations.. Yeah our latest toy is hitting a pan with a wooden spoon like a drum so she loves the household stuff! :-)

Offline ButterflyLily

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 08:56:18 am »
Wow treasure basket is an awesome idea! My DD is 7 months old and she loves it.
I have checked the Knee Bouncers website and I am hesitating to let my DD try this out..I am not sure that playing this games on PC is good for her development.
I am reading a lot about the need to control screening time of our kids... Any ideas ladies?