Author Topic: Baby Led Weaning Support Thread - Part 6!  (Read 82878 times)

Offline Manueli

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • big hugs
Re: Baby Led Weaning Support Thread - Part 6!
« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2010, 00:15:06 am »
Here is the thread:

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=95978.0

Sophie: If you want to post a thread just copy the URL and paste it into your reply. It will pop up with the title of the thread once you posted your reply.

ladies - can i feed DD meatloaf made of pork and beef? I like the idea of turkey patties but I don't have any gr turkey on hand...

Absolutely, I don't think there is anything wrong with feeding pork or beef. We did wait a bit longer but I don't think it is necessary.
Manuela - Hayden (02 July 2009), Lukas (27 July 2011)

Offline inoella

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2010, 01:59:34 am »
thanks ladies!
*Jaci*

Offline Chicane

• Showing Appreciation 103
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2010, 08:21:38 am »
ouch - we got gastro...poor little love started the day yesterday with violent vomiting the progressed to explosive liquid poos. Called doc (who is also my BFF - how lucky) and we've been monitoring the sitch...he had a 2 am poo fest but seems a bit better this morning. The BLW has been going well but I am concerned that the gastro was because of something I gave him...oh the mama guilt! We tried chicken for the first time but he didn't actually eat any of it, just kind of played with it and put it to his lips...could it have been that?

Offline anielasmommy

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • my gorgeous girl!
« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2010, 11:34:57 am »
oh no! i would say its something he ate....chicken allergy would be fairly rare though. could be a tummy bug too...

DD had kielbasa and cabbage and potatoes last night and LOVED it! so excited b/c thats all my faves lol
Kami

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
  • Showing Appreciation 43
  • Too busy to visit BW much, but still love it.
« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2010, 14:36:47 pm »
Chicane it could be anything, don't beat yourself up that it's something you did.

It's highly unlikely it'll be an allergy, just something his immune system couldn't cope with. Better out than in, hopefully he'll be better soon. xxx
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2010, 18:20:31 pm »
Just got back from a trip- BLW is hard on a plane!  I tried doing jarred food on the way there and DS was not impressed but having no seat for him meant I really couldn't let him eat on his own... Coming back I did mashed postatoes and other veggies mixed in so I could spoon it and that worked better but he was still pretty unimpressed with me. 

Hope your LO is feelign better today Chicane!
~Stef~

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
  • Showing Appreciation 43
  • Too busy to visit BW much, but still love it.
« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2010, 19:09:13 pm »
Whtbit we flew to Spain when DD was 7 months old. It was then we discovered she could eat bananas like we do (no need for her to mash them up first) We also just took a sandwich and fruit for her to nibble on, she just sat in our lap to feed!
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline Manueli

• Showing Appreciation 15
  • big hugs
« Reply #367 on: June 24, 2010, 07:07:32 am »
We did easy finger foods on our plane ride like toast, potatoe pancake, etc. Anything that wount get too messy, but the LO didn't eat much anyways. He was too busy observing all the stuff going on around him. :D
Manuela - Hayden (02 July 2009), Lukas (27 July 2011)

Offline inoella

« Reply #368 on: June 24, 2010, 14:31:30 pm »
I suppose that's one good thing about DD hardly eating... a mum-mum for take off and landing was all she needed. :) Plus, she too was much too busy flirting with all the passengers behind us.  ;D

I checked out the finger food thread - lots of breading and frying going on. Not sure I'm ready for all that. Anyone else try those recipes? I might at least try the lentil pancake tho.

My other friends are daintily spooning off the extra puree from their los and i have to hose off the whole bumbo seat and tray, kitchen table, and floor and take DD straight to her bath - but it's so worth it. She tried grapes, kiwi, avacado and chicken!  ;D she really just sucks and nibbles but it's fun. :) he he
*Jaci*

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #369 on: June 24, 2010, 15:45:33 pm »
DS had watermelon for the first time while we were away.  Everyone commented on how great he did eating everything- he's so not picky- and that he was able to do it himself!!
~Stef~

Offline Lola's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #370 on: June 24, 2010, 15:48:35 pm »
Need some reassurance ladies. I'm feeling a bit down about LO's weight. Went to see HV today as I had a feeling she might not be gaining weight at the same speed as before. She has dropped down on the chart. She's also starting to want a feed in the night, which had stopped. It's so hard when you see other babies tucking away big bowls of puree. I believe in the BLW way so much but just feel like DD isn't eating enough. She loves food and I'd say meal times are one of her favourite times of day. There's nothing she won't try but I guess it takes time for the amount being consumed to go up. I'm BF, with some formula at BT and DF. She's recently started waking in the night and seems to genuinely want a feed. I know others have said in the past that it's normal for BF babies to feed in the night but I'm just wondering why she had stopped and now has started again. I'm finding the return to broken sleep pretty hard to cope with.

Any advice or reassurance gratefully received. I know that the main source of nutrition until 1 is milk but when do LOs start to eat more at mealtimes. And those that have been there before or have a slightly older baby now, did you experience a dip in weight? How long did it take for LO's weight to pick up? Am I stressing unnecessarily? Think I'm just a bit emotional at the moment and it's probably getting to me more than normal.

Thanks.
<:SOPHIE:>

My Angels in heaven, loved and never forgotten: October 2010 and December 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #371 on: June 24, 2010, 15:53:17 pm »
DS has always been on the smaller size but from about 6.5 months onward he'd have weeks where he'd gaina dn then the next week he would lose and then the 2 weeks later he'd gain again.  He eats a lot, BF and solids, but some LOs are just like that.  I don't have any real advice other than that as long as she's happy and healthy and eating she's proabbly fine.  Big hugs!  Maybe you could try giving her higher calorie foods at her mealtimes so even if she doesn't eat a lot, she's getting more calories?
~Stef~

Offline Lola's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #372 on: June 24, 2010, 16:05:59 pm »
Thanks Whatbit. I do give cheese a lot although not sure how much she should have because of the salt. I give her the mature stuff that we eat but maybe I should get something less mature and, therefore, less salty. I also give carbs at every mealtime in the hope she'll consume some calories. She loves fruit but that isn't going to give her many calories. What else is high in calories... Can she have double cream in a pasta sauce?
<:SOPHIE:>

My Angels in heaven, loved and never forgotten: October 2010 and December 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #373 on: June 24, 2010, 17:30:55 pm »
Are you doing meat at all?  A little more filling than carbs and creamy stuff (I know I feel yucky with too much creamy stuff in my diet) and less fat depending on the cut you use (I use ground stuff to make little patties and add oatmeal and egg yolk and spices).  Plus she'll get extra protein and iron.  Avacados are high in calories too with lots of good fats.
~Stef~

Offline anielasmommy

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • my gorgeous girl!
« Reply #374 on: June 24, 2010, 18:20:26 pm »
Lolas mom i think your LO is a bit young for solids the BLW way...i would just BF. do you do formula for a reason? there is no need to formula feed....also im sure shes waking at night to get more calories. and solids make babies lose weight generally in the beginning...you are replacing BM which is the most complete food you can give her with low calorie stuff like peaches...KWIM?
Kami