Author Topic: update on my LOs annatto intolerance- wolrd of difference  (Read 1130 times)

Offline gracie3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
update on my LOs annatto intolerance- wolrd of difference
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:24:06 am »
Hi all-
Just wanted to give an update on my dds food intolerance that I found over the summer.  i came on here to get ideas about her behavior, and got more than one suggestion to check out food intolerances.  Well, after a lot of research and eliminations, I figured out that my strong willed 2 year old has an intolerance to Annatto, which is a natural food coloring.  Its found in most cheddar cheeses, Goldfish crackers, wheat thins, vanilla yogurt and many ice creams etc. etc. etc.  After having been off of annatto (and frankly, most preservatives and colorings now) she is like a different child.  She is still strong willed and still 2.5, but a NORMAL 2.5 year old.  She now laughs a lot, and smiles, is easily calmed when upset and totally reasonable.  (well, as reasonable as any 2.5 year old is, lol).  Today at Thanksgiving dinner, my aunt and cousin both remarked on how different Ellie was, and how cheerful and happy.  I wanted to let you all know 1) thank you to all who gave me ideas and advice and 2) LOOK  at the food your kids eat.  Their little bodies are so sensitive to what we put in them, and there is so much JUNK allowed in our food today- even the so-called healthy ones.  If your child has behavior problems, or even medical problems, look into food intolerances and preservatives and addtives.  You might find the culprit is in what goes in their bodies.  Our kids don't eat perfectly now, but we do not have artificial junk  in the house, and try to eat as close to nature as possible.  My 7 year old and 4 year old have also benefited from the preservative/additive free diet- they are calmer and have more natural energy. 
Thank you again to all of you who helped me in a tough time, and for those of you searching for answers for your children, look at the fuel we give their bodies.  Its powerful stuff!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 04:27:01 am by gracie3 »