Author Topic: help! is baby confused?  (Read 789 times)

Offline betsyclark

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • Lacy's pictures
help! is baby confused?
« on: December 17, 2008, 18:57:51 pm »
ok, MIL keeps my LO two to three times a week. She just will not do what i ask her to do with LO at nap time, which is...the routine of turn on sleep music, close blinds, turn on humidifier and say "it is sleepy time", then put LO in the crib awake to let herself fall asleep, which she can do. She insists on NOT doing the nap time routine and she HOLDS her until she falls asleep. I have finally come to grips with the fact that she will NOT do what i ask her anymore, so i have given that part up. My question is this....will 2 to 3 days a week of getting her out of her normal routine of putting herself to sleep (when my mom keeps her or when i keep her) throw her off completely? It just makes me so sad, because my baby is so good at singing herself to sleep in her crib and then she stays longer for her naps. When MIL keeps her she holds her until she is asleep, producing only 45 minute naps, because she wakes up and isn't able to put herslef back to sleep....UGH!!! i am just drained and saddened at this point....OH...and you DONT tell my MIL anything...she is the queen bee ::)

Offline betsyclark

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • Lacy's pictures
Re: help! is baby confused?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 21:00:49 pm »
like i said...you dont TELL or suggest ANTYTHING to the "all knowing", but i am glad to know that you dont think my LO will get too messed up with a few days here and there. I will try to mention it to her, but she doesnt listen to me..just does what she thinks is right

Offline clh

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 226
Re: help! is baby confused?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 21:14:39 pm »
{{hugs}} about MIL.  ::)

Like pp said, watch for OT, but they understand that sometimes things are different at different places.  E.g. daycare/home in our case.
Candice