Author Topic: Skiing with a toddler - any thoughts?  (Read 3542 times)

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: Skiing with a toddler - any thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 21:28:45 pm »
I live in Ontario, Canada and we get more than 30cm in two days sometimes!  I guess if you're born here you either learn to love snow and cold or you get the heck out!!!
The key to enjoying the outside when it's cold is dressing appropriately, which I'm sure you know since you love skiing!  Hopefully if you bundle her up and keep taking her out she will learn to love the outdoors in winter.  It's so important to stay active in the winter or else we'd never get any fresh air for months!
I hope she learns to love winter sports as much as you, and I'm sure if you keep showing her how much fun it is then she will, and you'll both be skiing before you know it!!
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline momofgab

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 00:20:04 am »
Hi there!

Update on our first winter skiing! Lots and lots(and lots and lots....) of snow around here so we keep going almost every weekend :) The last idea a friend of mine and I had was to go to the mountain together, bring our DS#1 AND DS#2 along and take turns skiing. We are very proud of our new idea, us moms can go for a few runs by ourselves and with #1 (both 4yo, they get tired after 2 runs) so one mom goes skiing while the other one keeps an eye on the kids. At first I was worried they would get bored but a few trucks and a puzzle does the trick. Just watching people go by seems to keep them entertained! Tomorrow is saturday and guess where we will be? :)))

Enjoy your winter!

Offline lyndsy_p

• Canada
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • My two sweets
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 00:27:57 am »
Byrony we are going to whistler this weekend and luckily MIL is taking Graesha while we're away...BUT next winter we will put her into skicamp. She'll be 2yrs9mo at the start of the season so she'll be fine. Our girl LOVES to be outdoors in the snow.

You should take Katie now!

Offline Bryony

• Showing Appreciation 141
  • We're in London, UK
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 09:52:48 am »
Oh wow!  You all sound like you are having so much fun. I need to try and organise something for next year - I am canvassing my friends with toddlers to see if anyone else fancies linking up with me for a toddler-friendly skiing trip next March....

I took Katie out a few times in the snow this week but she was not convinced - she says the (very gentle, small) snowflakes "banged" her eyes and she didn't like it....  arrghh not a good start!

So happy to hear that you are all having fun and I am getting inspired! 

What do yo do about ski wear for your LOs?  It seems hard to find toddler-sized ski wear in the UK but I am sure somewhere will sell it - does it cost a fortune to buy a ski suit and decent gloves etc?

Bryony

You only really know what love is when you become a parent