Author Topic: what does baby poo look like on oatmeal?  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 21, 2009, 18:21:36 pm »
My 6 mo old is MSPI (milk soy protein intolerant).  I am EBF and she has been fine.
Yesterday had some blood in her poop and I haven't deviated from my diet so I am thinking it is something she ate. 

She has been fine with rice cereal for the last 2 weeks.  I started oatmeal and her poop was a little more dark yellow with grains in it (looked like dijon mustard).  I am assuming the oatmeal fibres but I wasn't sure if this was normal or not.

I am wondering if it could be an allergy to oatmeal, although I think that'd be weird as I have been eating oatmeal, wheat, bran etc. and she hasn't reacted at all.

Sabine

Offline Mimi 2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 167
Re: what does baby poo look like on oatmeal?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 19:31:45 pm »
Hi Sabine

Once babies are on solids, their poos do change to what they eat.  The color and firmness (unless pellet-like) of the poos shouldn't be much of a concern but I am concern about the blood in the stool.  Is it mixed in?  Is she displaying any other signs of an adverse reaction?  Rash? Upset stomach?  Fussiness?

Also I'm going to move this over to Food allergies.  Hopefully the ladies there will provide more insights.

Cherishing the moments with the
Ballerina Princess (Oct '04) & Wiggly Monkey (Jul '07)

Offline DebMcGee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Learning something new every day
Re: what does baby poo look like on oatmeal?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:17:40 am »
I think you should ask your healthcare provider about the blood