Author Topic: 7.5 month old gone from 3 hour naps to no naps  (Read 628 times)

Offline loub

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
7.5 month old gone from 3 hour naps to no naps
« on: February 02, 2009, 18:32:29 pm »
 ??? DD was the greatest sleeper ever, 12-13 hours a night then 3 hours during the day and 2 weeks ago this stopped dead. She is now grumpy, unsettled and v v demanding, it's exhausting us  :(

Her routine-roughly, (before the dramatic change) wakes at 8 breakfast (fruit and cereal), milk at 11ish then she used to nap at around 12, wake up, have lunch (veg), bottle at 3 then catnap if lunch nap shorter than 3 hours (often didn't happen but she was still happy) , dinner (veg) at 5.30, bed time routine then milk at 6.50, sleep at 7. 

When I weaned her onto solids and she chose to finish BF ( :() she put on a lot of weight quickly. In the last few weeks I have cut down her bottles to what it says on the packet and am also giving her less food at meal times (I was adding cereal to her veg. To be honest I had no idea how much to feed her and hv said give her what she wants) She has also had bad teething rash altho this doesn't seem to be annoying her. I am only mentioning these things as they are the only variables. Also stopped the DF but didn;t seem to make any difference.

She is now waking at 8ish, same morning routine, is v happy, then refuses to sleep until much later (12, 1, 2, never consistent) then catnaps for 45 mins or so wakes up, wants loads of attention until she collapses in a heap at 6.30. I don;t know what the hell is up.