Author Topic: Help! you can set a clock to it!  (Read 847 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« on: March 24, 2009, 00:57:56 am »
My lo is waking bang on one hour in the past two days, i even set the clock to it today and yep as soon as it had been one hour he woke up.... i feel like im going a bit crazy, ive just spent 30mins doing shhh/pat where he wouldnt even stop crying so i had to stick a dummy in his mouth (which we hardly ever use) now my arms feel like they are going to drop off, i have a headache from the white noise and shhhing. He starts falling asleep and when the dummy drops out he just starts crying again so i stick it back in and hold it and shield his eyes and he starts falling asleep again, repeat repeat repeat etc. I know the dummy isnt a prop because we hardly ever use it, in fact we havent used it in about a week! What is making him wake up on the hour? he used to sleep for 2 hours at a time!

He did get his vax shots yesterday but slept great last night (11 hours without waking) so didnt think sleep was going to be an issue. Thought it might have been a growth spurt but he doesnt want more food. Hes quite grissly so its hard to check his tired signs at the moment. Could it just be the vaccinations doing this to him? if so how long does it usually affect them for and how do i deal with it?
Hubby has taken over sshh.pat shift work as i was starting to get very sore and frustrated but he goes to work soon and i cant keep this up all day

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Help! you can set a clock to it!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 01:13:58 am »
Two months is when we really started to see signs of reflux with Josie, and that's also when her naps began to deteriorate. Don't know if that might be a factor.

Can you post your "normal" (whatever that is!) EASY schedule? Maybe we can find something you can try tweaking.

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 02:09:36 am »
Well he does have reflux but hes on Zantac, infant gaviscon and some infant pandadol as well as some infants friend (helps him with wind etc) and is also on lact free formula (is now seeming to be having trouble doing number 2's because of this) we elevate his mattress, keep him up straight as much as we can etc

our normal EASY is

E7.30am
A
S8.30am (usually sleeps till next feed)

E10.30am
A
S11.30am (usually sleeps till next feed)

E1.30pm
A
S2.15 (he doesnt usually make it the full hour by afternoon and usually sleeps till next feed)

E4.30
A
S5.20 ((1hr catnap)

A6.20 bath
E6.45/6.50
S7.15/7.30

However today has been like this:

E: 7.25am (120mls)
A
S8.25 - 9.30

E9.50 (90mls)
A short A time due to short nap earlier
S10.30 - 11.30  (tried to resettle for 45mins)

E12.20 (60mls)
A: short A time again due to short nap
S:1pm which it is right now

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:58 am »
Alex used to do this loads and it drove me mad.
Turns out, he was actually waking slightly after the classic 45 mins, spending 15 mins failing to get back to sleep, and then deciding to wake up "properly" on the hour mark.
Longer A time was always the key to sorting this out for us
hth x
]

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:11:30 am »
Im gonna start trying to stretch out his A time, i just dont want him to get OT.

Todays EASY went right out the window, hes supposed to have around 900mls a day and hes only had 480mls, the DF should bring him up to 600mls but im exhausted, absolutely shattered.

All i can do is pray tomorrow is a better day

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:22:31 am »
If he's having trouble pooping it might be making him uncomfortable.

Also, depending on how much weight he's gained since you started the Zantac, the dose might need upping. I don't offhand know the dose per body weight, but I know there are ladies around here who are pretty up on that kind of info. :)

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:34:00 am »
Ive started giving him 30mls of cooled boiled water with half a teaspoon of brown sugar in it to help him with his pooping as i know the lact free formula makes them constipated from the lack of sugar in it, im not sure if im supposed to or not, i just know my parents did it with me and my sisters to help us poop and it worked for them :)