Author Topic: When can they play outside alone?  (Read 4497 times)

Offline linfran

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 20:27:02 pm »
Sorry, didn't mean to scare everyone!!!!

We have a lot of daffs too, and I tend to be careful about the gooey stuff that comes out of the stem if you pick them, I've found it can irritate the skin.  I don't think the leaves would do much for your insides either!  I just used it as an example where you don't maybe realise that a common garden plant can pose problems.

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
Re: When can they play outside alone?
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 19:50:19 pm »
It's okay.  I'm not scared. 

Offline Jonahs Mom

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 20:04:40 pm »
Glad to hear the various age ranges on here.

DS will start to play outside by himself more this summer.

We have two gates and I will be putting locks or other on them. I really worry about people wandering into yards and taking kids! We also back onto a main road/walking route, so I worry about people climbing the fence too. I know, I need to relax, but you hear about it often enough. Eh, at least I don't have a whistle around his neck.  ;)

The nice thing is we have a large deck the spans the length of our house, so he plays there usually and the whole back of our house is the family room and kitchen, where I usually am, with large windows. If I'm inside, the door and windows will be open to hear him, and otherwise, I'll be on the deck reading or something I am sure
~Keri~

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 22:23:31 pm »
They play in the garden, which is enclosed and safe, but i never leave them unsupervised.  I have the kitchen window and the door and I watch from there, I wouldn't feel comfortable if I couldn't see them all the time.  Anything could happen, regardless of rule following, they could trip and fall and hit their head etc.  No, definitely would never leave a child of 2 unsupervised in any part of the home or garden for any time longer than for me to use the loo in serious circumstances.