Author Topic: tried to give Soy, bad results!  (Read 1882 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« on: February 14, 2010, 22:43:17 pm »
how lomg till its out of the system? we gave soy milk two days ago and yesterday as his first mornign bottle, we had NW's the first night and last night the amount of gas he passed was ridiculous, he was up for 1.5 hours in the night crying and had other NW's,  hes mega grumpy and i think hes also teething molars at the same time, so how long do i expect the upset tummy to last and what can i do to relieve it? so far im doing Panadol and Brauers stomach calm, any other suggestions?

scarlettsmom

Re: tried to give Soy, bad results!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 17:35:06 pm »
Hey there.  ((hugs)) so sorry the soy didn't work out and now he's hurting.. :( 

How is he doing now?  What I've noticed w/DD2 who's symptoms are GI related (abdominal pain, gas, smelly poos,etc) is that the first 2 days are the worst, and then it takes a few more days to be completely back to normal.  It just depends on how much/how severe the allergy/intolerance. 

Do you have an chamomile or peppermint tea?  that usually helps the tummy a bit.  Unfortunately the best thing is time. 

Hope he is doing much better now. 

:-* 

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 22:28:39 pm »
he does seem much better today thanks, he still slept unsettled, waking throughout the night but he put himself back to sleep each time... i just gave him really bland foods yesterday to give his tummy a rest.
I think i do have peppermint tea, might try him on it

scarlettsmom

Re: tried to give Soy, bad results!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 23:16:28 pm »
Oh good, glad to hear it.  That's just how my DD2 is....she goes from NWs and needing help going to back to sleep, to NWs but putting her self back, to back to normal.  Hope he's back to himself in the next day or two.

:-*