Author Topic: Allergic to Banana  (Read 995 times)

Offline Amber-Grace

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 29, 2009, 14:31:52 pm »
My DD is 5.5 months and we started solids a month ago she  loves the cereals and everything ive tried she loves i noticed when giving her banana shortly after she would get small spots on her face,ears and it seemed to be irritateing her she only had it for 3 days b4 i stopped giving it to her and now 4 days later it has cleared alltogether she would have just a small piece sat on my lap or mixed with a bit of formula has anyone else had similar reactions to a banana? If she does have a allergy will she grow out of it or will she always be allergic thanx for any help
Jade :)

scarlettsmom

Re: Allergic to Banana
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 21:38:01 pm »
Hi Jade,
My dd may have an allergy/intolerance to banana - we're not sure yet - it corresponded w/a cold (her symptoms are GI related, vomitting, etc).  But a LO can have an allergy to any food - no rhyme or reason.  Most food allergies are outgrown, but some aren't (clear as mud huh?).  You could try again in a couple of months and see how she does.  Since she had a reaction though be careful introducing other foods - do them one at a time and for at least 4 days. 

Good luck!!

Offline Amber-Grace

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 19:17:25 pm »
Thanx for the advice . I will try again maybe in a couple of months to see shame she really loved making a mess with them ha. Ive not noticed anything else with other fruits so maybe a one off but ill be watching for anything trying veggies now this week fun
 :)

scarlettsmom

Re: Allergic to Banana
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 20:35:11 pm »
I know - my DD loved the bananas too and it was so cute watching her just pummel them  ;D 

Have fun w/the veggies - this is such a fun time!!