Author Topic: When to nappy change  (Read 1718 times)

Offline AMO

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 28, 2009, 14:22:45 pm »
Hi

I am a Mum to be and have been reading the EASY routine but am confused by feeding first and then nappy changing as an activity.

Can you please let me know if you find this "EASY" to follow or do you just nappy change as and when needed?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 14:27:47 pm »
I always fed my LO when she woke up from a nap and then changed her.  I always changed her close to a sleep time so she was going for a nap with a clean, dry bottom.

Obviously if her nappy was soaking or she had a dirty nappy I changed it as needed!

Good luck!!  When are you due? 

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
Re: When to nappy change
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 14:30:37 pm »
Hi there and congratulations on your baby- to- be!

The nappy change is just used in the book as an example of what you might do with a newborn as "activity".
Newborns can only stay awake about 45min before needing another nap, and it often takes a good half an hour to feed them, so then you just have time to change the nappy before you need to start the winddown routine ready for nap- does that make sense?

Yes, you absolutely change the nappy when they need it, eg if the baby has done a poo you can't leave him/ her in that! But it's nice for them to go to sleep with a clean dry nappy, hence the use of it as an example of activity in the routine.

Hope that all makes sense!
]

Offline AMO

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 14:33:07 pm »
Yes thanks for the help! Im due 28th August! Still a while to go but just reading as much as I can! Very scary stuff ha ha!

Thanks again x

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 14:34:52 pm »
Don't be scared, you will find there are loads of lovely ladies here who are able and willing to help with any questions!  :-*
]

Offline clh

• Showing Appreciation 226
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 15:53:19 pm »
Welcome!  :D  What they said regarding nappy changes.  ;) 

Just wanted to plug the EDD (estimated due date) threads, if you're interested.  This would be yours (with me!  ;D):  http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=143128.0  We're all due about the same time, so we're going thru a lot of the same issues.  You're welcome to join us if you'd like.  Don't feel as though you have to read the whole thread, either.  Just jump in. 
Candice