Author Topic: Does Nutramigen 2 taste different than Nutramigen 1?  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Mashi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 408
Does Nutramigen 2 taste different than Nutramigen 1?
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:44:23 am »
DS has started dropping his milk intake a bit too low over the past week to ten days.  Down from his full 24 ounces to 16-18ish. 

The dietician we saw when he was 6 months old told me he was find to stay on Nutramigen 1 until his milk intake dropped below 20 oz and then we should switch to Nutramigen 2 as it has a bit more calcium in it, which he will need if his intake drops. So, am debating doing that when the current supply of #1 runs out (prob the end of the week). 

Before I do though, just wondering if the #2 has a different taste? Anyone move onto the #2 and have their LO notice a different taste and not want it?  Not that it will stop me, just wondering so that I can get a script with some #1 and some #2 so I can do some mixing while he adapts to the new taste, really.

Thanks!

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Does Nutramigen 2 taste different than Nutramigen 1?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:23:36 am »
I am not sure about nutramigen but I do know that the different unflavoured neocate formulas taste different so I suspect the nutramigen formulas may also taste different.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker