Author Topic: Sandbox play problems  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Mimi 2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 167
« on: May 04, 2009, 17:25:30 pm »
Not sure if it should be here or in the home management board, mods please move it if you think it shouldn't be here.

Warmer weather is FINALLY here so dd and ds are outside playing at least twice a day.  We have a sandbox which they love to play in.  The problem I have with this is the amount of sand that gets into their clothing (pockets, creases, hair, shoes, etc) and into the house.  With just dd, it not bad as she will shake herself or tries to remove most of the sand before entering the house but ds is another story. 

I've tried letting them wash their hands in a large pail before entering the house and leaving the shoes outside but there's ALWAYS some sand that gets into the house.  Can you share some of your tips to minimized the amount of sand that migrates into the house and hides in their clothing? 

Dh suggested that I let them play butt naked and then hose them down before they come in but I think that would earn me the evil eyes from the neighbors. 

TIA
Cherishing the moments with the
Ballerina Princess (Oct '04) & Wiggly Monkey (Jul '07)

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
Re: Sandbox play problems
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 17:56:30 pm »
Hi mimi,

any chance you can give them 'play clothes' just a baisc T-shirt and shorts? Would that work?

or strip them before you bring them in? sound s abit nasty but hey whatever works to keep thema nd the house clean
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline Mimi 2

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 18:21:01 pm »
Mukta, I have consider the play clothes idea but it's such a hassle to change ds.  But maybe I should put up with it if I want a clean house. 

Stacy, I have a handvac and it does it's job adequately.  Maybe I should get something else to really sucks up the sand. 

OK, I think that I will have to set up some sort of changing/de-sanding station by the door.  It's only noon here but I have changed clothes twice for ds (after outside play & after lunch as I hate for him to sleep in dirty clothes).  Why do boys and dirt love each other?

Offline Mama2boys

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 18:21:37 pm »
how abt letting Ds play in shorts/diaper only?
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline Mama2boys

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 18:34:59 pm »
:( sorry I didnt even check...
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline Mimi 2

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 20:34:04 pm »
how abt letting Ds play in shorts/diaper only?

I'm sure one day he decide to play in the buff when it gets too hot.  He already knows how to take off his pants and diaper.