Author Topic: Just curious....blankets and pillows  (Read 732 times)

Offline shark

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Just curious....blankets and pillows
« on: November 27, 2009, 20:21:57 pm »
At what age did you start letting your LO sleep with a pillow and blanket?  Where they still in a crib or in a bed?

Thanks!

Offline Fiver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
Re: Just curious....blankets and pillows
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 21:25:44 pm »
We put in a pillow for DS when we were starting to think about moving him to a BBB (around 12m, I think) and he had a duvet once he was in a bed (it's a cot bed and a single duvet, so he would've got smothered with it with the side still on!!)
*** Amanda ***

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 22:00:16 pm »
We gave dd a pillow at about 26 months...it happened by accident as she had a cold and I wanted to elevate her head a bit to help her breathe.  When I tried to remove it, she went bananas....so that was it!  My dd has slept with a blanket forever, but her crib-set didn't come with a comforter, but rather a small velvet blanket that she has always used.  I know that is a bit controversial, but we did it as she seems to really like being covered rather than not.

You can find toddler pillows that are flat, I'm pretty sure "The Right Start" has them online.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Just curious....blankets and pillows
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 01:39:20 am »
We started using a small pillow and comforter for Spencer about a month ago...doesn't use the pillow at all, bunches her blanky up under her head instead. The comforter is great, I think the weight of it on her helps her settle down. She is in a crib right now. My oldest had some blankets and a pillow about this age too, but she could never get the blanket back on if she kicked it off like Spencer seems too.
Heidi