Author Topic: Groaning and grunting during playtime  (Read 1819 times)

Offline toppette

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Groaning and grunting during playtime
« on: July 14, 2009, 23:14:06 pm »
Hello Everyone  :)

Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to why my LO likes to groan and grunt when she is playing? She is 5.5 months old and has been doing this for a long time.  I keep thinking she's annoyed with something, and sometimes it looks like she is arguing with her toys.  Is she bored?

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 494
Re: Groaning and grunting during playtime
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 23:20:01 pm »
Very normal.  We called DS "piglet" with all his groaning and grunting whilst playing. She is expressing herself the best she can at this point: sometimes frustration, sometimes glee, sometimes annoyed, sometimes excitement and bewilderment.  Either way, she is expressing herself which is very good.  Her brain wants to do more and understand more and she is communicating that.  Her physical limitations are worth a groan or a grunt!

HTH

Offline toppette

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 23:27:45 pm »
Thanks for that  :) It's just not fantastic when we're in a place we need to be quiet (like church) lol ... oh well!

Because of it however I have a bit of trouble working out when she is ready for bed.  I think I've put her down too early on more than one occasion due to interpreting the grunting as tiredness.

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 23:51:07 pm »
LOL at church.  I know it can be confusing.  My Mum was always saying, "He's got gas, he needs a poo etc..."  I was like, no... we have a very determined, willful young man on our hands.  AND....I was right!  LOL!