Author Topic: 8.5 mo early waking. needs help!  (Read 16366 times)

Offline sherry lynn

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 127
Re: 8.5 mo early waking. needs help!
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2009, 22:55:00 pm »
Sorry to hear about your day :( That stinks. I was wondering what happened to doing the 3.5 hours of A time?  It doesn't seem like we tried that consistently for 3 days? Or was it 3h45m we were going to work on for 3 days. I don't remember now :)   I think your LO is spirited or touchy in his sleep, and sometimes the 5/10 min really does make a difference.

I've noticed that there are a lot of moms starting the board who are having an issue with 9 months olds (it seems to be a common age for routine issues) and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind starting a new thread because this one is getting long. New people don't feel comfortable joining a thread when it is long. We want to keep supporting you, but we also think it would be great to let other mum's be a part of that and to get some fresh eyes looking at the current situation.

I will gladly look at the new thread to offer support but I do think it is important to make a fresh thread that describes the current situation that you see your self in :)

Sherry xxx
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 23:02:48 pm by sherry lynn »
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

Offline abigailsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2009, 04:32:37 am »
A quick tip with your early wakings. I wouldn't suggest putting him to sleep earlier than 7:00pm, otherwise he gets his 11 hours of sleep and wakes up too early. The other thing is when he wakes up at night like 4am don't change him or don't go in right away, give him time to fallasleep himself. If he is crying or woke up keep it low and reassure him that its still night and he has to go back to sleep, don't rock him or use any props just talk to him. And in the morning try pushing 10 min at a time, lets say he woke up at 5:30am don't go to him right away, wait 10 min that way he knows that its not OK to wake up that early and so on you can teach him wake up later. It will take some time , but it worked for me!

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2009, 09:28:16 am »
Hi Sherry Lynn

I totally agree!  I was going to just drop this and get to the 2-1 transition thread :P  But i will start a new thread.  I need to check back a few pages to see what we decided on.  DS just changes so much in a week or two.  Then I can give a brief description of where we are at right now.   (I'll hold off my questions till the new post)

Hi Abilgailsmom

Oh thanks for the tips.  I totally agree with the early bed!  It's been killing us.  Now our bedtime is as late as 20:20.  (Daylight savings ends this weekend anyway, so we might be back to 5:30 EWs.  YIKES).  I'll remember your tips about delaying response to DS.  BUT DS has always been a super hungry baby.  He does have a difference cry when he wants food.  Once I have got some sleep in me, I'll even do W2S to get rid of HWs :D 

See you all in the new thread. 

Thanks so much again.

PS  Sherry Lynn, do you have of a way to export the whole thread as I want to keep it since there are many very useful tips in it.  I tried copying and pasting... it's not so easy with such long thread. 

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2009, 19:02:52 pm »
A summary of where you are at would be really useful for me as well Koe - even though I have been in it for a while. Kind of refreshes the mind and hopefully stimulates new ideas.

When you start the new post either Sherry or myself will lock this one and link the two together ie there will be a link on the new thread you can click on to get back to this one if you want a quick read, and also at the end of this one for anyone who has been reading along but not posting.

So you don't need to copy and paste really.

We will lock this one once you have started the new post - but DO go and join the 2-1 transition as well. Misery loves company and it IS a hard transition  :-* :-*.

Offline sherry lynn

• Showing Appreciation 127
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2009, 23:23:16 pm »
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010