Author Topic: 8.5 mo early waking. needs help!  (Read 16358 times)

Offline koe2moe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 20:14:41 pm »
Yeah I noticed it.  30mins after the CN yesterday, LO rubbing eyes, pulling ears at dinner  :-\

At least now I get to understand LO's needs and how he responds to UT, OT, etc.  I'm sure there will be many more times of EWs in the future.  Better know now than later.   

Hope we all get a slightly later EW tomorrow.  big hugzz and good night!

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2009, 05:08:10 am »
WOW... 6:15 wake up!!! Hooray!!!   stirred at 4:15 again.  Ignored and went back to sleep. :)  
3h A day it is.  

Good luck to your day and enjoy your bank holiday! :)

ADD:
sigh...  1st nap only 45mins.   UT probably :(  A 3h05  detective story continues :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:07:17 am by koe2moe »

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Re: 8.5 mo early waking. needs help!
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2009, 09:17:52 am »
detective story continues :P

Yeah - it is a bit of a game in many respects - finding that magic number!!

So pleased you got some sleep though.

We need to stick to roughly the same plan for a few days more though!

I got a 5am EW  >:(. Honestly - it is as though Jacob knows I have to work all week  ::).

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2009, 09:57:33 am »
big hugzzz for you!  Perhaps J wants some extra cuddles to get through this transition.  Hopefully it will be over for both of us soon.  Tank up on sleep for the next round   :P

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2009, 17:44:31 pm »
Naps were total crap today.  I feel defeated... but trying to keep my heads up still.

6:15  wake up A  3h05
9:20  S 45mins
10:05  A 3h30
13:35  S 35mins (he was crying but it sounded like he could go back to sleep but DH just picked him up!!!)
14:10  A 2h10
16:20  S 45mins (did manage to get a CN in)
17:05  A 2h30
19:35  S  (took 20mins to get him to sleep, though, at least no drama like last night!)

We're prepared for EW!!!  Is your day better?

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2009, 18:45:21 pm »
Stick to 3hrs - don't be temptedd to go higher yet especially after a short nap  ;) :).

Our day was OK - got a 1h 15 am nap (DH made too much noise and woke him) but then he slept for 1h 45 this afternoon. Did only a 3hr A after that until bedtime which might be a bit short - but you have to catch up the OT somehow  ;).

I'm working tomorrow (boo!!) but will catch up with you in the evening.

Happy sleeping to your little man.

Oh - and tell DH to give him chance to resettle - independent sleep is a gift  :) :)

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2009, 19:11:49 pm »
YAY for naps and boo for work :P 

You don't want to know how many times I've told DH, but since he's getting up early and he's really trying.  I kept telling myself not to get frustrated.  And he even offered to take DS out for the nap inducing walk so I could lie down to rest my back. So... I think he got the message until he forgets it again, of course!!  I'll make him do the dishes tonight hehe  he got 11.5 hrs sleep last night!!!  Some people are just lucky and can sleep!!! 

Sleepy vibes to you all, too!! 

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2009, 19:17:50 pm »
LOL - I used to hear my DH creaking the floorboards upstairs as he was rocking DS to sleep - and he always used to SWEAR he didn't  ;D.

It is good that your DH is so involved though - I think I kind of 'took over' too much and now DS settles much faster for me.

Nevermind - you live and learn  :) :).

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2009, 19:57:18 pm »
Funny you mentioned about creaky floor noises!!!  I had to ASK DH to not run up/downstairs, because I just spent 30mins or an hour to put DS to sleep and the noises woke him up!!!  Or it could be that he got a work call, and talked on top of his voice, u know some people just do that.  So now he closes the door when he does the TALKING! 

I was doing most of it really until I started seeing stars and DH thought I was exaggerating.  I think I really didn't look good one day (damn this lack of sleep, I look bad everyday anyway :P)  so that's when he "woke up".  You don't wanna know what he said to me before when I asked him to give me more help.  Especially since I was exclusively pumping because of DH's wishes!! 

I am learning to let go... forgive and forget :P 

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2009, 17:21:37 pm »
Good evening!

Today we had to run errands and kind of sick of feeling stuck at home trying to sort out this mystery.  So we just did whatever!  But turned out not too bad.  (Perhaps I have been toooooo over conscientious or overreacting ... just all the over----)

Today: S 10h last night
5:35 wake up A 2h45
8:20 S 55mins (#2 again)
9:15 A 3h05  (CN in pram)
12:20 S 30mins
12:55 A 2h45
15:40 S 1h15 (woken up by the door!!! but cried himself to sleep very quickly)
16:55 A 2h05
19:00 S

If we have DS in the pram all day, I think he would just take a CN of 30 mins every 3 hrs.  Perhaps it's not so bad in the future to iron out some OT :P  what do u think?

We've just decided to take a week of vacation so that I can attend my grandma's funeral in HK.  So, it's almost pointless to work on the EW now.  But we'll try and keep A time as close to 3h as possible.  In the past, DS adapted very well to time zone changes.  I have to start planning packing list, etc.

Thanks so much for your help all along.  It's very reassuring and thanks for holding my hand.  I might not be able to come online.  We will leave in 2 days.  Today DS ate super well at IKEA.  I was amazed that the distraction with so many people around gave him great appetite! 

How's your LO doing?  I wonder how moms keep track of EASY when LOs are at child care.  That's a totally different topic altogether. 

hugzzz

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2009, 18:35:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about your Grandma  :(.

When you are away from home you will just need to 'go with the flow' a bit. But at least you now know that his A time is roughly 3hrs.

There is nothing rong with having a day out and about. There are things we all need to do, and we need to maintain our sanity  :). I using try and have a home day after an out and about day to keep my routine intact  ;).

I will be here for you when you get back  :).

Regarding daycare - my mum looks after my DS and she is more than happy to 'whisperer' for me. So I am very lucky  :).

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2009, 08:31:00 am »
Hey Liz,

Just a quick hi.  Yesterday was super stressed day for packing, sleepless night, etc.  Our whole little family was a bit under the weather, including LO.  But... he had  1 ok nap and 1 good nap, though both times cried a lot to fall back asleep.  AND.. he slept from 7:20pm - 6:50am.  11h30.  I think the sleep deprivation was catching up with him all day and he wasn't hyper as we didn't have the time and energy to play with him except holding him quietly. 

But we'll be leaving soon.  Just finally we got something... 

I just have a thought, perhaps it might help other mothers, too.  For DS, he loves sitting in the pram, looking around, watching things and people passing by.  He wouldn't be over stimulated.  Perhaps it would be a good way to observe his natural A times because when he's tired, he just falls asleep.  I understand those some LOs just hate the pram, or sitting too long.  Just a thought. 

Have a great week.  I'm sure I will have online time. 

big hugzzz for you and wishing your LO back on track soon.

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2009, 20:34:36 pm »
Hi Koe  :)

Hope all goes well in the UK.

That was a super night sleep for your lo  :).

Let me know how things are going when you are settling back into your routines again.

Huge ((hugs)) for next week.

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 08:06:10 am »
Hi LizJ

We're back.  It was emotional but we're all glad that we could be there.  LO brought so much joy to everyone. 

We flew during day time for 11hrs and arrived 2am time at home, of coz LO was XTO (extreme OT :P) and we had to do a lot of AP to get him to sleep.  Also we're staying with my family, we didn't want LO crying to wake up everyone.  Last night, the first night back at LO's own bed at home, we couldn't settle him.  He was just crying his lungs out!  So we AP'ed again, so LO and I didn't get good sleep. :(

Finally after 3hr 1st A, LO went down for his nap very quietly in his own bed and we thought, that was easy!!  But then he woke after 30 mins.  Crying his lungs out again for a good 20-30 mins.  :(  Took almost 50 mins to get him to settle enough to lay down himself.  His eyes were all swollen and he had to cough so much from crying :( :(   He's kind of sleeping finally.  It's tough to listen to your own child crying that bad for so long. 

I read on another post that you're still dealing with EW!  Hugzzzzz.  I still couldn't sleep but DH could, so he can help.  But he needs to start another project, so...  The AP was just tough.  We held LO to sleep sometimes, or had him in our bed. 

While we were away, the first 2 nights were great.  LO slept 11.5 and 12 hrs respectively and the rest of the stay was 10 - 10.5 hrs.  Some days he refused second nap altogether, so OT sleep and short night sleep.  I guess next trip we need to plan some days back at home to sort routine out. 

Whoops long-winded post as usual :P

hugzzzzz

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2009, 18:59:34 pm »
Glad to hear you are all doing OK, and huge ((hugs)). I'm glad you mamanged to be there to say goodbye properly.

I would drop your A times for a few days and see how it goes.

There are some good posts on the getting back on track forum about holidays and international plane travel.