Author Topic: Refusal to wash hair - not washed for WEEKS - ugh...  (Read 9090 times)

Offline Bryony

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 141
  • We're in London, UK
Re: Refusal to wash hair - not washed for WEEKS - ugh...
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 20:05:46 pm »
thats great Bryony....hopefully you had the curtains down when the two of you were prancing naked around the house..celebrating a hair wash ;) LOL

I  have to say, I am not sure that I cared at that point!  :-[ :-X

You only really know what love is when you become a parent

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 20:16:24 pm »
LOL
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 20:35:29 pm »
don't you just love life with a spirtited toddler!!!
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline Canwi

• Retired GM and Mod still paying it forward
  • Showing Appreciation 253
  • Me, in a picture
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 03:59:45 am »
I  have to say, I am not sure that I cared at that point!  :-[ :-X

I'd say I'd probably be thinking the same thing! ;D

8) I BFd a combined total of 4y, 1m & 1d

Offline pod

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 20:23:28 pm »
We had exactly this problem and I posted up a very similar post a while ago and got loads of good advice as well. I love all the ideas, as you've said, the great thing about this site...

We chose our doll together, but it was one of those disney dolls and i have to say once we got her clothes off to go in the bath my dd freaked out - well they are pretty weird!  We tried everything, including those jug things, and the visor, which didn't work for us (but may for you).  The thing I found worked in the end was based on one of the bits of advice I got on here - its important to remember that there are a lot of natural oils in hair, especially children's hair.  And so most children won't actually need shampoos etc. that often - our dd has long thick hair.  She went through the whole phase of refusing the bath even, but I gently reintroduced and took things really easy, then I would sing as we washed her with a flannel (I now sing as she washes herself, and I pretend to wash my own corresponding body parts), actually a Tracey tip - 'this is the way we wash our arms, wash our arms, wash our arms etc. etc.', then i'd get to her back and I would skim the back of her hair.  I started doing this for a while and then added 'wash our head', then 'wash our hair' but always only with a flannel so her hair would eventually be totally wet, but none was going in her eyes.  I realised that I didn't need shampoo at all.  Now only on very rare occasions (when there is yogurt and sand and who knows what mangled in it) do I use shampoo and then only a very very very tiny bit, I rub it between my hands first so its coating them and then rub it over her head.  It then can be wiped off with several goes of the flannel and no chance of it going in her eyes.

Thats what worked for us anyway, I'm sure you'll find the magic formula for you!  Good luck, I do know how stressful it can feel  :)

Offline Bryony

• Showing Appreciation 141
  • We're in London, UK
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 17:01:34 pm »
Thanks Pod thats really helpful - so glad you found something that works for you!

We are also getting there slowly - she let grandad wash it last week when we were staying at the grandparents house  ;D

You only really know what love is when you become a parent