Author Topic: MPI milk re-introduction *update- advice needed*  (Read 3332 times)

Offline LizzieN

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 143
Re: MPI milk re-introduction *update- advice needed*
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 23:00:08 pm »
Hey sweetie,
I was speaking to a lady the other day who has a 4 year old with severe reflux STILL, the poor things!  Anyway I mentioned that I suspect our LO has an issue with yogurt but not other forms of dairy, and her son has real issues with "cold dairy" like yogurt, icecream etc...but NOT milk...strange isn't it?? She thinks it's got a lot to do with the preservatives they use...might be something to keep an eye on anyway!

I hope your dairy reintroduction is going really well
xxLizzie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 07:42:48 am »
ooh thanks lizzie i am off to the health visitor today so gonna see what the hospital suggests as reintroduction and go from there. 1 mullerrice pudding can be done so thats good right?
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 08:54:43 am »
Sounds good to me sweetie!  Oh the mum I was talking about said that it took them about 3 YEARS to realise that these preservatives were causing issues too, poor things...I was amazed at how sane and lovely they still were!! 

Good luck with your health visitor appointment today, hope it gives you lots of answers
xxLizzie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 18:46:07 pm »
Yes, that is the biggest reason why the dietician and paed we saw always say that milk reintroduction should be done with MILK, not with yogurt, cheese, etc ... because other things are added and you have NO idea what it is causing the reaction if there is one.