Author Topic: TV time?  (Read 3798 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: TV time?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 04:57:55 am »
Vick, when Leorah was home all day she watched much more TV, there are only so many things a parent can do to fill the hours with a LO all day everyday! Also if she is watching in English I say that is very good for her developement, there is only so much of a second language we can supply too, there is no way I would have taught Leorah about things like warthogs which are he new favourite animal she learnt about on Ceebeebies  ;)
Katt

Offline SylvieA

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 15:00:38 pm »
listening in to...

We don't watch much TV here. DS may get on average 30mins/day. He doesn't watch Disney as he's to sensitive to the contents. We've tried movie nights but he plugs his ears and turns away most of the time. But he likes a few programs on treehouse. (diego,dora, thomas, toopy and binoo)
Miguel-November 2005
Zoe-August 2008

Offline K's mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • My Textbook baby!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 20:18:23 pm »
I don't restrict DD's tv either, she's not interested in it most of the time, she prefers to play with her toys and she'll glance up now and then.  There are a few shows that she'll watch more of (In The Night Garden being one of them).  Her favourite bit of tv right now is a Yamaha motorcycle commercial with Valentino Rossi that airs during Moto GP races that DH watches - she immediately stops what she's doing and sits there transfixed - weird!  She starts daycare in 2 weeks so her days are going to be full with playing there so I will probably limit tv to ITNG only on daycare nights just so that she can have quiet time at home.
Tracy (40) + DH (46) + DD (Sept. 1, 2008) + DKitties (x2)

Offline SylvieA

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 23:40:47 pm »
Funny you mention the yamaha commercial and moto GP races, both my kids will drop everything to watch. They must take after DH, he'll drop everything if he only hears the sound of a bike ::)
Miguel-November 2005
Zoe-August 2008